PDA

View Full Version : Track opens tomorrow, I'm pumped!

Fred_Allen_Burge
02-01-2003, 11:34 PM
Well, the local track opens up tomorrow and I'm gonna finally find out what my turbo system is capable of in the 1/4 mile. And see if my turbo can kick out some respectable trap speeds. I'll be sure to post my results tomorrow night.
allen
www.43autosales.com/240sx.htm (http://www.43autosales.com/240sx.htm)

Zack342
02-02-2003, 01:51 AM
NICE CAR!!! i like it, that is what i hope to do , if its not too much to ask i was wondering how much the did turbo kit cost you and if you bought it from a company which one? also how hard was it to wire the electric fan in and what kind is it, what would i need ot make it work on my car 1992 240sx ka24de . thanks

pasha
02-02-2003, 01:53 AM
he pieced the kit together himself..

good luck allen!

Soccerbum21
02-02-2003, 01:13 PM
What kind of turbo manifold is that? I like the placement of the turbo and how it isnt close to the master cylinder.

Brad

mbmbmb23
02-02-2003, 04:04 PM
I love the suspension on your car. What shocks/struts do you have?? I think your suspension is how the S13's should have looked from the factory....with the front slightly lower than the rear. Real nice!

-M

Fred_Allen_Burge
02-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Well, just got back from the track. My best was:

60ft 2.2866
1/8 et 9.1972
1/8 mph 80.90
1/4 et 14.04
1/4 mph 103.09

This is with an open diff and 195/60/15 no-name tires at 8psi. I never felt like I got a perfect launch on 8 seperate runs, it was either horrible wheel hop, bog or total wheel spin through 3rd gear. But this run was the best feeling launch, I would have liked a little more spin right off the line though. Just 5 hundreths quicker and I would have got a 13.xx, oh well, anybody got some slicks they'd like to sell?!
The manifold I'm using is a custom built (buy me and my friend) log style, I had to mount the turbo flange near cylindar 1 to keep the big exhaust housing from hitting the master cyl.
I'm running RSR Down springs with OEM shocks http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif .
I'm thinking about selling this car if anybody's interested. I guess I'm not supposed to say that in this forum but oh, well. I'll post it for sale in the for sale forum later.
Any comments on my times, or anything else?

allen
www.43autosales.com/240sx.htm (http://www.43autosales.com/240sx.htm)

mattmartindrift
02-02-2003, 09:16 PM
wow slicks and a Diff. and I see low 13s comming http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Zack342
02-02-2003, 11:03 PM
hey congrats on the Timeslip impressive, i was wondering if you could tell me what kind of electric fan you have an how hard it was to connect it and what i would need to make it work. your help/advie would be much apericated thanks again

Zack342
02-02-2003, 11:05 PM
how much do you think yo uwould be interested in selling your 240 for and how many miles?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Your car is awesome!!
I'm going for that sleeper look with mine. Nothing to give away what lurks beneath besides a huge HPI front mount and the lack of exhaust. I was wondering what exhaust you were running, because that looks very close to the stock look. Did you just do 3" piping with a specific muffler? Please let me know what muffler that is.

And props again on your car!

Fred_Allen_Burge
02-02-2003, 11:19 PM
I bought the fan from autozone for I think, ummm.... well it was well under 100$ anyway. My friend helped me wire it up, it's super simple, it only has power and ground so hook the power up to an accessory wire, basically anything that only comes on when the key is on. And ground the ground wire to any spot on the frame. They fan will run all the time however unless you buy a thermostat controlled switch but they are over priced, IMO. I don't think the fan will ever die because of running constantly, if it does I think it has a guarantee on it so I'll just take it back. I'm selling the car for 5,500$ it has 147,000 lovingly taken care of miles! It really does run perfectly.

allen

**DONOTDELETE**
02-02-2003, 11:27 PM
OK, and the exhaust?

Fred_Allen_Burge
02-02-2003, 11:29 PM
Hey, thanks a lot for the compliments! And I think I'm a little too "sleepy" actually, nobody ever wants a piece of the "stock lookin 240" on the street!
I had a 2.5 inch down pipe ( to clear the steering shaft) for about 2 feet then up to 3" all the way back to a 3" glass pack and stainless dual tip. But, it was just too loud on the highway so I added a 3" muffler right behind the driver seat. It's very tolerable now. I had a local muffler shop build the whole thing with what they call a "crush bender" but I'm here to tell ya on a 240 you won't have any tight bends so the smallest diameter is probably 2 3/4". And for only 150$ complete you just can't beat it.
allen

**DONOTDELETE**
02-03-2003, 11:07 AM
You don't have any kind of name for the muffler?

Fred_Allen_Burge
02-03-2003, 09:44 PM
I named it Bob but I'm not sure what the manufacturer named it. It's a no name in-stock-at-the-muffler-shop muffler. 3" in and 3" out, cost like 20-30$. Same thing for the stainless tip only it was 50$

allen

dan240t
02-03-2003, 11:38 PM
good job there allen.
i figure with the added weight of my s14 my setup will be slightly slower than you but hopefully i can practice and get my times down to where you are at with some good runs and small tuning tweaks at our shop.

what kind of FMU are you using? i know the limits running a ka-t with FMU and stock injectors and a walbro pump is around 6 or 7 psi, im too cautious to run 8psi, but let me know where you got the FMU, alot of sites dont sell FMUs they advertise the injectors/rails etc more. also what is the rate on your FMU? thanks in advance and congrats again. dont sell it, make it faster and you'll be happy.

Fred_Allen_Burge
02-04-2003, 12:02 AM
Thanks man,
Well, I'm feelin pretty good about running 8psi, I made 10 seperate hard runs at the track and a couple months of street driving with no probs yet. I believe it's a Cartech brand FMU, it's adjustable and I have it maxed out at I believe 7:1. Check www.begi.com (http://www.begi.com) for FMUs.

allen

dan240t
02-04-2003, 02:27 AM
begi.com takes me to some health club website. wrong link i believe? no rush to fix it, ill get it eventually.

7-1 you say. im still not totally understanding those but i believe 7psi fuel for every 1psi boost correct? i never really learned much since i was going injectors, but im going to get this running first so i will now be needing one.

thanx for the info.

IKu
02-04-2003, 10:03 AM
i think the 7 is air... and 1 is fuel...

asad
02-04-2003, 10:29 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
i think the 7 is air... and 1 is fuel...

[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're wrong. Driftdan has it right.

Asad

Fred_Allen_Burge
02-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Oops! Try www.bellengineering.net. (http://www.bellengineering.net.) They have a new style out now, billet aluminum instead of cast. I actually bought mine off of ebay.

allen