PDA

View Full Version : Torque Converter Replacement

dhope240
02-02-2003, 08:53 PM
My torque converter in my 93 fastback recently took a crap on me. Could I replace just the torque convertor, or would it be better to replace the whole transmission? I'm assuming I could just find one for sell by someone who has swapped in a sr20 or something along those lines. If anyone could show me where I can find information about replacing the torque converter or replacing the whole transmission I would appreciate it. Also, how much more does anyone think it would cost to convert it to 5spd? I'm strung on cash right now, and I need to fix this quick, but if its not too much more I would consider converting to 5spd, as the automatic is getting pretty lame.
Thanks in advance,
Daniel

mattmartindrift
02-02-2003, 09:58 PM
if your sure it was just the converter do it. I'd say get a high stall converter (more fun) you should be able to pick up a junk yard converter for pretty cheap.

dhope240
02-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Do you happen to know where I could get a high stall torque converter? My friend has a 2500 stall on his, and its great, very streetable.

mattmartindrift
02-02-2003, 10:28 PM
I don't know off the top of my head...I know one of the HMP cars uses an auto. but maybe someone else would know.

carluch
02-03-2003, 01:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
Do you happen to know where I could get a high stall torque converter?

[/QUOTE] not sure if they have your application, but check with Level 10 (http://www.levelten.com/index.html) .