PDA

View Full Version : 1993 G20

**DONOTDELETE**
02-04-2003, 04:40 PM
My daugher purchased a used 1993 G20 last fall. It has been a good car but in January of this year her ABS light came on. The car sat in her garage for 4 days while she was out of town. When she tried to start it, it was dead. We jumped the battery and it started and has been ok until yesterday. Again, the ABS light came on and this am, the car would not start again. Has anyone had any problems like this or can anyone provide a hint as to what the problem may be? Thanks!

limits_at_infiniti
02-04-2003, 05:05 PM
This use to happen to me as well. The ABS light would go on, and the car would die. One fo the causes, was the battery connection was loose (after hitting a pothole). The second time this happened to me, I realized that the terminals were dirty, it had a slight residue build up. Upon cleaning it up, I never saw the problem again.

So as you figured there is something wrong with the battery. My guess would be, connections, dirty terminals, or defected battery.

Autozone, does a free check, of the battery, starter, and alternator. That would be worth looking into.

Try cleaning the terminals, Pep boys, or any auto store like it, sells terminals cleaners for about 2 dollars. They also help to keep the terminals from getting a residue over time.

Good luck.

baco99
02-06-2003, 10:12 AM
i say get the battery checked and if it shows any weaknesses, replace it. i wouldn't buy any battery other than an Optima, but that decision is up to you.

if it dies again, have someone diagnose the ABS system. there could be a fault switch causing an unecessary power draw.