PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! SR20DET spits and sputters when driving

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 02:10 PM
I have an 1989 nissan 240sx with a redtop sr20det. The car has been great except right when i got done with the swap I took it out and it started spittin and sputtering the way down the road. The car idles fine but doesnt run right driving. It seems to be running rich. What do I do??? Please help me.!!!!

Jon in Michigan

Rogue
02-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Before you installed the engine did you check to see if your CAS was lined up correctly as well as the chain links?
Also did you check your ignition timing with a gun using the correct procedure given in the SR FSM?

If you haven't try those.

Beef
02-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Three most likely things:

Timing
Boost leak
MAFS issue

The timing should be set at 15 degrees at idle (800rpm). Make sure the car is warmed up and the TPS is disconnected.

Check all connections for boost leaks. They can be very sneaky and cause more driveability issues than you'd think.

Ensure your MAFS is wired correctly and functioning properly. Swap out MAFS with a known operating MAFS if possible.

If you have questions on the above, they have all been covered in depth before. Search the forum and you can find most of your answers. Post back if you're still having problems...

iHATEstupidity
02-13-2003, 04:57 PM
poor maf wiring job

THINK

DETeatsvipers
02-13-2003, 09:05 PM
or the mafs just isnt plugged in at all or the second power wire to the mafs isnt getting any, use a 12volt tester,if it isnt try hardwiring it and see if she screams like the beast she is!