PDA

View Full Version : When will I run out of fuel?

AZ_Dave
02-13-2003, 11:42 PM
I'm adding a fmic and equal length exhaust manifold to my current setup of:
pulsar t28, walbro pump, stock 370's, stock MAFs.

I'm thinking that I'll run out of fuel around 12psi, right now I don't have anything to monitor duty cycle or egt.

Any thoughts?

Thx247
02-13-2003, 11:52 PM
um dont?

Until you can actually see where your at the risk your taking is blowing the engine for just some extra boost. imo too much risk for going a little bit faster.

AZ_Dave
02-14-2003, 05:06 AM
I'm not stupid, but I've got a pretty general setup, and I thought someone may have some factual responses.

MATT_BACK_VASS
02-14-2003, 06:02 AM
youll run out of fuel when theres no longer fuel in the tank

Jimm
02-14-2003, 06:41 AM
youll run out of fuel when theres no longer fuel in the tank

Do you ever have anything useful to add? If not why don't you shut up.

Trunk
02-14-2003, 11:55 AM
I dunno man, I got a snicker out of it. These forums are always picky and sarcastic. It mighta been better though if he had offered some advice after the fun poking.

s13sr20, so you're not doing anything for fuel now? The fuel pump, while ensuring that the fuel pressure is kept up where it should be, doesn't help enrich the mixture when you start forcing more air into the engine. I'd reccomend you get an s-afc at the least. I'm sure someone can hop in with how much hp you can get outta the stock injectors and MAF. I just wouldn't push it too close to the limit. Larger injectors and a z32 MAF are cheaper than a new motor.

MATT_BACK_VASS
02-14-2003, 12:47 PM
he asked when he would run out of fuel.

i answered the question.

S14GTR
02-14-2003, 01:22 PM
I was running 12 psi on a S13 Redtop with HKS GT2530 + HKS 264 Cams (IN,EX) with 370cc injectors, metal headgasket, 255LPH Walbro....stock fuel pressure.

Anything past 13 psi would get detonation ...so stay at 12 psi..maybe 13 if you want to push it, cause you don't have cams.

AZ_Dave
02-15-2003, 12:43 AM
he asked when he would run out of fuel.

i answered the question.

You didn't answer my question, you committed a logical fallacy called "begging the question", all you did was restate my question.

"He asked when he would run out of fuel"
-"When there is no more fuel in the tank"

If you are gonna be a smartass, might as well be a good one.

pwnd

MATT_BACK_VASS
02-15-2003, 04:56 AM
dude i said when there is no more fuel

what part of that do you not understand.

Evil_rps13
02-15-2003, 10:08 AM
You guys just have to get used to mattback.He rarely has anything informative to say yet he still posts. Morons like that ruin FA. Hope someone can give you a real answer. If you get something that shows you duty cycle like an avcr i believe you don't really want to go above 80-85%.Anything more than that injectors start to go static.

MATT_BACK_VASS
02-15-2003, 01:23 PM
once again you are wrong

top feed injectors will start to go static but the high impedence side feed in the nissans will gladly go all the way to mid 90s before they will go completely wide open.

the thing you hate about me is that im right more times than you are

Evil_rps13
02-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Then I'll tell you what, you run your side feeds all the way to mid 90's and when you blow up your motor don't cry here. To go the cheap way and run a 95% duty cycle instead of larger injectors is just plain stupid. But I guess I should take it where it's coming from.I guess I'm wrong about that too though.

MATT_BACK_VASS
02-15-2003, 09:16 PM
i dunno we ran side feeds at 95% for a good year straight and no problems.

thatsmekid
02-16-2003, 06:06 PM
i'm not sure how good an apex multi-checher is but on my mine. the duty cycle reads out above 90% all the time, i'm running 12psi, s-afc,headgasket,fmic,walboro fuel pump, pump gas, and its been running fine since the swap, 6 months ago. myself personally dont think the multichecker is correct anyone else have a mulitchecker?

KenFuji
02-17-2003, 01:16 AM
dave
don't get greedy with the power. just stay at 10psi as that's the lowest psi setting you have. wait for dyno day or try and arrange a dyno with brady. better safe then sorry. your walbro should help, but i wouldn't push it without some more fuel and injectors that can handle it. jwt/550cc/z32 and your right up there with T.Y. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif