PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump mystery........ ?????????

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 08:58 PM
I just swaped in my new KA ive been building this weekend.

Befor i pulled the engine every thing was in perfect working order... including the fuel pump.

Well the car sat for about 3 or 4 days as I was swaping over every thing and what not. After i finsihed installing the engine and getting every thing back together, i went to crank it. nothing. after inspecting every thing I determined the cause for not starting was no fuel. I checked the fuel pump fuse. it was fine. im thinking what the hell ? so I puled away the carpet int he trunk and got to the fuel pump with a test light, and its not getting any power back there. nothing. whats the deal ?? What do you guys think ?

spoolinaz
02-17-2003, 01:08 AM
just a stab in the dark.... the z31's have a fubnky ground system. the ground for the fuel pump is tied into the aac valve. if its not hooked up, no fuel. also, make sure all your engine grounds are hooked back up

adam

carluch
02-17-2003, 02:45 PM
does the f/p relay click?

RShake
02-18-2003, 08:47 PM
When you checked for voltage at pump/sender connector, did you do it by yourself or have someone else turn the ignition on?? It's tough to get back in time alone to check for voltage. Any rust on the tank/cover?? Check power connections running through the sender cover as the plastic connectors can get brittle and break causing shorts into the tank making the pump not work. I don't know all the details of your investigating so can't really offer much. Hope it helps either way.

Ray