PDA

View Full Version : Weird engine noises HELP

DRG1
02-19-2003, 10:31 PM
I've had my car for about 5 or 6 months now and when I got it, it had 199,000 miles on it. It now has 212000 on it (BTW, its a 95 s14) It has given me no problems whatsoever and I've been driving it like any other of you 240 drivers out there....kinda beating the [censored] out of it, but not all the time. Anyway, recently it has been making these weird noises the first 10 minutes I drive (when it's cold) Lamost like a clicking noise or crackling. Maybe even like marbles int he engine. Well, today I was racing this prelude and at high RPM the noise gets really loud. BUt only when the RPMS are up there. So I pull over and leave the car running, pop the hood and rev it. The noise is there and [censored] starts to fly so I stop. I do it again and more stuff flys...I then go and turn off the car and look for the peices...move the car and find these really small black chunks. ANyone have any idea what this is?> It's on the side where the oil filter is located. The car runs and drives fine and the only mod is an Apexi exhaust. One last thing....when i left the parking lot after checking it...the battery light and the brake light is lit on the cluster and wont go away. I just replaced the battery a month ago.