PDA

View Full Version : Rushing for idrc, Supra top feed injectors??

DETeatsvipers
02-20-2003, 03:35 PM
I wanted to get a little more fuel in my car before i race this weekend, and my buddy nelson was offering a set of his old supra injectors for me to use. They are 440cc top feed hi impedence, i have a top feed fuel rail not yet on the car. I was thinking id tro the rail on with the 440cc injectors play with it a little with the afc and push the boost up to 16-17 psi on the t28. btw i have a fpr set at 48 psi.and a walbro. Im using the stock maf for now until i get the cobra one. thanks for the help.

d240t2
02-20-2003, 03:57 PM
I think this has been discussed before, and I am pretty sure that the Supra injectors aren't the same as the domestic style top-feed injectors. In other words, if you have a rail made for MSD style injectors, the supra injectors won't fit right.

Dennis

DETeatsvipers
02-20-2003, 07:28 PM
im more concerned with it working with the ecu, i was goin to hard wire the supra plugs in place of my harness's plugs.

d240t2
02-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Ok...if they are high impedance, then they'll work with the stock ECU. The only thing is, as you know, you'll have to do something to control them.

But if they don't fit the rail you have...what good is the fact that they'll work with a stock ECU?

Dennis

DETeatsvipers
02-20-2003, 08:13 PM
they are hi impedence, and im pretty sure theyll fit the rail, and ill use the s-afc to play with the f/a ratio as well as a fuel air gauage.

iHATEstupidity
02-21-2003, 02:26 AM
if you knew all the answers, why even ask any questions (which weren't asked anyway)?

THINK

Irie_eyes
02-21-2003, 03:36 AM
what are you racing in? bracket?

DETeatsvipers
02-21-2003, 03:26 PM
true true. im goin to try to run in pro-am-rwd, but ill prolly end up runing bracket on sunday only, well see. I was goin to go to watch anyways and help my friend with the rx7 prep and run his car, but i think ill run also, looking for mid 12s at 18psi on the drag radials. Last weekend i hooked up a 13.2 @ 111 at 13 psi of boost. I drive on those tires everywhere they are great. Im just trying to get some experience competing right now not to worried about wining or doin that great, just seeing how ill do under pressure at a comp, then ill be practicing until nhra sc, series comes to town and that will be the day to bust out crazy.

also the supra injectors are low impedence so im goin to use some 550 densos that i just found out my frined had instead, with the stock maf for now.

spotz
02-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Personal experience says that you will go faster on a tried and true setup-if you wait till the day before to try and setup the car you are liable to spend the entire weekend trying to sort out the new setup. My personal opinion is I wouldn't try to change it now..... One day before you need top performance.

formulaJEREMY
02-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Maybe I'll see you out there. I wanted to run both days, but haven't had time to prep the car. I need to replace the turbo to manifold gasket, mount some drag radials that I just bought, and slap on a battery cut-off switch.

Hopefully I can make it to run the brackets on Sunday.

jspecusa
02-21-2003, 09:19 PM
you'll need a resister and also safc to take advantage of bigger injectors.
your stock fuel rail is side feed dunno how you are going to "drop" them in and make it work.
FYI--HKS fuel rail is a top feed conversion so are JWT.
good luck,

sam http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Irie_eyes
02-22-2003, 04:24 AM
Is that the new split of FWD and RWDs heads-up?
Competition is pretty high no? like some guys are in the 9s?
Well, good to get experience under pressure. makes a huge difference. Sounds like a LOT of pressure at a IDRC event.
I was gonna build up a nitrous only street class contender but might be too costly against the competition.

spoolinaz
02-22-2003, 12:25 PM
the pro-am RWD and FWD IDRC classes are at the bottom of the heads up racing. it was designed for beginners. times will prolly be in the 13-10 (RWD of course)range, depending. NHRA sc dropped the streeet class and made a sport fwd and rwd class. since competeing in the street class got exspensive

**DONOTDELETE**
02-25-2003, 08:42 PM
wow seems like you shoulda preped your car before you decided to "prep" an rx-7, maybe you could help me prep mine you seem very knowledable about rotarys