PDA

View Full Version : Got a Questiona bout the 180sx JDM Taillights

grayceifus
04-29-2001, 01:18 PM
Hey guys..got a question..nismoparts.com sells the 180sx tails, but they sell a package with L&R the center panel and a lower panel as well. my question is do I need the center and lower panels. All I want is the lights themselves since I am painting the center panel body color. Tell whats involved with them as well. thanks for the info

Gray
p.s. I hope to purchase my first 240sx tommorow!!! I will let you guys know if I do

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2001, 01:22 PM
where is winterville? I live in Eden which is 45 mins from greensboro due north.

AlkATRaZ
04-29-2001, 01:27 PM
Yes you need the center and bottom piece for a perfect fit. If you look closely at the JDM lights, they "curve" on the edges a bit.

Its possible to do it without the bottom piece, but if you want it to look good, get it all.

Good luck on getting the 240!
-AlkATRaZ

Super13
04-29-2001, 03:16 PM
hey has anyone had any delays in recieveing any parts from nismoparts.com i ordered the tail light kit, and i am still waiting 4 weeks after, plus the money has been taken out of my account. i dont know if they are back ordered or what but call ahead to find out, if anyone knows please say something.

PDM
04-29-2001, 03:41 PM
Last I heard, Nissan Motorsports was sold out of the tailights a month ago.

so, they took the money out of your account without shipping ?!!! hmmmm.

don http://www.pdm-racing.com

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2001, 04:17 PM
Has anyone even attempted to get in contact with someone at nismoparts? I've called several times and no one is there. I know Cameron picked up a set of 180SX lights, but I'm wondering whats their current situation.

As far as I know, Nissan Motorsports is still out of stock.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2001, 04:56 PM
I Live in Raleigh, NC. How far away are you two guys? By the way, erebuni240sx, is your name Bryan?

PDM
04-29-2001, 05:17 PM
I spoke directly to Scott once, and he wasn't willing to deal with me as a shop..(meaning discounting so that I can re-sell items)

He told me that they have one price, and that's it.

I find Motorsports distributors VERY funny shops to deal with.

don
http://www.pdm-racing.com

myk11
04-29-2001, 05:27 PM
... i've called Nismoparts.com before and ordered from them w/ no problem... they are also http://www.nissanparts.cc . ask for Scott Williams, he's the internet parts manager. last i heard was that Nissan Motorsports was out of the 180 tails... and replying to the original question... yes you definitely need the CENTER panel as the curve of the 240 light is opposite of the 180 light... but it is possible to install the lights w/o getting a new LOWER panel, some have done it, but it does look kinda funny... i would just go ahead and get the whole kit as you may want it eventually and might not be able to get the parts later on...

grayceifus
04-29-2001, 05:38 PM
Hey erebuni240sx and Jason..winterville is kinda a suburb of Greenville...its a separate town but its now considered Greenville.. i guess I am going to change my info to say Greenville... I am going to be in raleigh next weekend if I get the car tommorow and and interested in meeting fellow NC 240sx Owners..maybe even try and get a club going on.. let me know guys

Gray

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2001, 06:27 PM
I ordered my 180sx taillight like 2 months ago and I still haven't recieve it. I emailed them and I still haven't gotten a response from them.

Zen S14
04-29-2001, 07:12 PM
I was able to talk to them on the phone. Their e-mail I did not actually receive. So I think its better to just call in the afternoon west coast time. They were very nice on the phone. Good luck.

Super13
04-29-2001, 10:19 PM
thanx for the words, ill let u guys know what i get out of the phone call tomorrow!

Super13
05-02-2001, 01:56 PM
well i called yesterday, and a rep. said that the parts had been shipped and that any day will be shipped and so on. if anyone has recently ordered 180sx tail lights, post when u get an order shipped email or actually reciept of order!

**DONOTDELETE**
05-02-2001, 02:25 PM
Amen on that one..

- Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PDM:
I spoke directly to Scott once, and he wasn't willing to deal with me as a shop..(meaning discounting so that I can re-sell items)

He told me that they have one price, and that's it.

I find Motorsports distributors VERY funny shops to deal with.

don
http://www.pdm-racing.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mzf
05-02-2001, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by old_s13:
Has anyone even attempted to get in contact with someone at nismoparts? I've called several times and no one is there. I know Cameron picked up a set of 180SX lights, but I'm wondering whats their current situation.

As far as I know, Nissan Motorsports is still out of stock.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent them an email 2 or 3 months ago and they never replied. I don't get a good feeling from them at all.