PDA

View Full Version : z32 maf question

Adictd2b00st
02-28-2003, 09:35 PM
i noticed alot of people who use the z32 maf also have the ecu tuned by jwt, is it necessary so that it'll work? or just optional? could u just use an afc and get the same end result?

Hugh
02-28-2003, 10:09 PM
If you change air flow meters and do nothing with the computer, the car will not run.

The JWT program is more than just retuning the ECU to read the Z32 MAF. They will tune it so you can get a little more power.

With an SAFC or SAFC II, you can change air flow meters. You just switch input and output signals. If you know a little about tuning, you could gain more power using an SAFC, but it will not adjust your timing map like the JWT ECU will.

hssaini
02-28-2003, 10:20 PM
you can use safc to use z32 maf......that's what i have done...HW 25 is the setting,if i recall correctly.

i have other bolt ons...but still got stock injectors and turbo......when i upgrade those, i will upgrade ECU

RINKU

Adictd2b00st
03-01-2003, 09:36 AM
can anyone break the tie? lol http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sexy240
03-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Both agreed that you can use the AFC. I have a z31 MAF at my friends house. is this any bigger than my KA MAF? will it work with an AFC?

asad
03-01-2003, 01:23 PM
The S-AFC does not have settings for the Z31 MAF.

Asad

Adictd2b00st
03-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Both agreed that you can use the AFC. I have a z31 MAF at my friends house. is this any bigger than my KA MAF? will it work with an AFC?

my bad, i read the first reply wrong http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif thanks for the replies guys !

mdsdm
03-01-2003, 05:15 PM
If you change air flow meters and do nothing with the computer, the car will not run.

Are you sure about this? All the FSM documentation indicates that a "malfunctioning" MAF will limit the engine speed in some way, but still be at least drivable.

The JWT program is more than just retuning the ECU to read the Z32 MAF. They will tune it so you can get a little more power.

With an SAFC or SAFC II, you can change air flow meters. You just switch input and output signals. If you know a little about tuning, you could gain more power using an SAFC, but it will not adjust your timing map like the JWT ECU will.

Do you have documemtation that says that that JWT actually does this? How do you know they don't just change the MAF calibration?

Refill
03-01-2003, 05:42 PM
does anybody know how to wire up the z32 mafs into a sr? or have a link?

Hugh
03-01-2003, 11:18 PM

Are you sure about this? All the FSM documentation indicates that a "malfunctioning" MAF will limit the engine speed in some way, but still be at least drivable.

Do you have documemtation that says that that JWT actually does this? How do you know they don't just change the MAF calibration?

Don't believe it won't run? Give it a try. I've hooked up a dozen or so SAFC's in my time, and I've used the CA, SR, RB, and VG ... oh, and Q45 MAF's with them. I can tell you one thing, if it runs, it won't run for long and it sure as hell ain't drivable. Now, if you disconnect the MAF or it is completely dead, your car will idle fine. You can't get over 1500 RPM or so.

I'm not shelling out theory here, I'm speaking from hard learned experience.

As far as the JWT ECU, I don't give a sh#t. I don't have any 'documentation' as to what they do... I live in japan. Who the hell is JWT anyway?? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hssaini
03-01-2003, 11:25 PM
does anybody know how to wire up the z32 mafs into a sr? or have a link?

Its HW 25....for my s14 sr..i think its same for s13 sr...

btw, i have a z31 maf plug, j30 maf (same as z32 maf)......
RINKU

Hugh
03-01-2003, 11:31 PM
What are you talking about? HW 25??

An SR20 is a 6. The Z32 is a 2. It's Hot wire 2 in 6 out

hssaini
03-01-2003, 11:35 PM
2 in 5 out.....

6 wasn't working for me, had some issues......5 works for me..
RINKU

Hugh
03-02-2003, 03:41 AM
Maybe its an S14 thing... sorry I missed that point. S13 is definitely 6 out.

hssaini
03-02-2003, 01:45 PM
Maybe its an S14 thing... sorry I missed that point. S13 is definitely 6 out.

NP....that's why i specified my car....because i had it on 6...but the car just didn't feel right..i changed it to 5 and its been great..... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RINKU