PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS HELP WIRING NEEDED IN NORTH JERSEY

xamxeed
02-28-2003, 11:39 PM
Ok, here is the situation... I bought an s13 hatch last year with a blown head gasket. It was a SOHC and automatic. I decided I wanted to have a little fun and do a DOHC swap from an s14 (KA24DE) as well as convert it to manual. I finished physically installing the enigine, got the correct drive shaft, clutch pedal, got the lines, connected the power steering pump and lines and am in the process of doing the 5 lug swap. Everything is pretty much done except the wiring. Now I was gonna attempt to fumble through it but decided to ask for help and a local car stereo installer who said it'd be easy. HE BUTCHERED MY WIRING!!!

I am currently looking for someone who can fix what he did. I am more than willing to pay if the price is reasonable. The car is located indoors and the garage is heated so you wont have to work in the cold and I will be there to help or buy beers or whatevers. Hehehe. I wanna actually watch and learn. Heres what I got... complete wiring harnesses for both the DOHC and SOHC but some wires have been cut. Both underhood fuseboxes. Complete interior wiring harness from a 98 DOHC including interior fuse box. Let me know if anyone in the area can help me. I have several hookups in car performance things as well as audio if anyone needs anything. HELP A BROTHA OUT!!! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

carluch
03-01-2003, 12:50 AM
where in jersey are you? i live in north jersey, exit 42 on 287 right wear it meets rt 80 and 280... i am willing to help, as soon as i finished ironing out the bugs in my swap... that should hopefully be done this weekend... do you have the dohc fsm? i have the sohc, but i could probably find a dohc to compare it too...that way, i can draw out the changes to be made here, and then when i get there, it would only be a matter of following my diagram for the changes...

not8player
03-01-2003, 02:53 PM
You said heated garage right? ;-)
i would be willing to help you out on a weekend depending how far out from NYC you are. i have done three SOHC to DOHC convertions. without any problems. drop me an e-mail at not8player@yahoo.com if you would like my help.
don't forget the beer and BBQ.