PDA

View Full Version : Installing KA. Advice on stuff I should replace?

Jeff240sx
03-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Alright. I'm putting my engine together relatively soon (1.5 weeks), and am now just trying to make sure that I have everything I should have and need.
This is a KA24DET, and should be running around 15psi.
So far:
I've replaced all the timing components of my engine, as well as a total rebuild.
Here's whats on my list:
Akimoto vaccuum lines (3/16" walls so they won't collapse).
Plugs (Denso Iridium 2 stages colder, gapped at .028")
Clutch (SPEC stage 3)
Piping for Intercooler (Anyone have suggestions for what I'd need for my KA-T... or a guesstimate? I just don't wanna have 50 extra feet of piping laying around)
Slim battery (Hawker?)
New water pump and radiator hoses.

I know that I'm missing a lot of stuff. So, if people know what I'd need, or have some suggestions for what else I should get, just let me know!
Thanks!
-Jeff

revlis240
03-03-2003, 12:32 AM
im in the middle of reswapping my ka also. im replacing the brand new TO bearing cuz i dont like the noises its making. i also took the opportunity to paint my CRAPPY engine bay (which now looks great). u already got an entire engine gasket kit right? what about PCV valve? basically things that are a pain to get to with the engine installed should be #1 on your list to replace/check

-Abe

Jeff240sx
03-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Well. I blew my motor like 2.5 months ago, and everying has been replaced, from pistons to rods to gaskets, timing, oil system, machine work, ect.
I'm also doing changing out the clutch and everything to handle the additional power of turning up the boost.
I'm just trying to get some more thoughts on stuff I should get and replace during the engine re-installation. Also, if anyone has some IC piping help for me. But I'll figure that out, mainly interested in what else, aside from what I have listed, I should get for my car.
-Jeff

Soccerbum21
03-03-2003, 12:52 AM
cap and rotor
some sort of heat shield for all your wires, split wire loom works good, or i used the wrap style.
motor mounts if yours are old
new hose clamps
i cant think of any more at this time, if i do i'll get back to you Good luck

Brad

jmcn
03-03-2003, 01:10 AM
My piping required 4 mandrel-bent U sections of 2.5" pipe. You could probably get away with fewer if you were more willing to hack than I was. Pics of my set-up are on my site.

MATT_BACK_VASS
03-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Are you still planning on coming to Secret Services to tune ? We could help you get your intercooler pipes straightened out and welded up.

i would throw out the denso plugs immediatly and get either traditional BKR7E's or BKR7EIX's , gapped to .028.

speaking from experience here.