PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate 240SX... Step 2

TitaniusMaximus
05-11-2001, 04:45 PM
Okay... now that I had this '91 240SX for about 6 weeks now, I am getting a good feel of the car... in stock form this car is very loose, probably cuz it's a 10 yr old base model which hasn't been properly maintained... first the tranny was swapped out, total tune up was done, now the master and slave cylinder for the clutch needs to be replaced, the bushing on the shifter needs replaced, along with the funny idling problem (which could be anything from EGR, which was removed by the way, TPS, or a few others)... and sometimes the car dies when I shift from neutral to 2nd or some other wierd ways... I should have the pic of the car pretty soon... right now it's in a BEATER condition... but the engine is still stout...

So on my list:

1. Clutch master/slave cylinder repairs
2. Idling/stalling problem repair and A/C install (the weather is getting too hot in the Bay Area)
3. Interior makeover (a la seats, audio, carpet, and floor mats)
4. Supension tuning (Eibach Pro and KYB AGX)
5. Wheel upgrade
6. Engine Swap (still debating KA, SR, or VQ30DETT)
7. Body Enhancements (Veilside, Bomex, or C-Westin)
8. PAINT!!! (Titanium or Majestic Blue on the 20th annv. Maxima)

And as you already might know... this is gonna be a daily driver that puts down about 300hp at the wheels and do a 12 sec 1/4 mile...

OverZealousNoob
05-11-2001, 05:06 PM
Ohhh man, if you do the VQ I'm going to be insanely jealous. I've been itching to put the VQ30DE-k in for the longest time. Those engines are just too smooth. Good luck to you. Sounds really cool!

[This message has been edited by GoodJuan (edited 05-11-2001).]

TitaniusMaximus
05-11-2001, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GoodJuan:
Ohhh man, if you do the VQ I'm going to be so jealous. I've been itching to put the VQ30DE-k in for the longest time. Good luck to you. Sounds really cool!

[This message has been edited by GoodJuan (edited 05-11-2001).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not the FWD VQ30DE as in a Maxima... it's the RWD VQ30DETT that's from the Gloria/Cedric platform... a 3.0 V6 Twin Turbo(rated at 276hp) that goes up against the Toyota Aristo... I wonder if anyone as done this swap and if it'll have any problems...

Tae

TitaniusMaximus
05-11-2001, 06:48 PM
OK... TY... Single Turbo... my bad... but still rated at 276hp... but I imagine it puts out more than that...

Hey did you know that my intials are T.Y. Yoon... haha... well actually... it's Tae-young Yoon, so it's T-y Yoon... but close enough...

Tae

OverZealousNoob
05-11-2001, 07:10 PM
Hey Doctor,
I don't really know what your going for in your street car, but I read about a pretty cool idea in SCC that you may/may not be interested in. It involves taking a VQ30DE and replacing the crank and rods with those from the VG30 engine(which has a much longer stroke). Making a 3Q34DE and potentialy making around 300 NA horsepower. This new VQ34DE would have a rod ratio of 1.7:1, pretty close to ideal. Anyway...just thought share that with you. None of those ideas are my own and i don't take any credit for them. Dave Coleman is the real crazy man behind them.

GoodJuan

TitaniusMaximus
05-11-2001, 07:53 PM
Why do all the parts mismatching, when you can have Nissan do it for you??? Just get the VQ30DET already turbocharged from factory... my only concern is that I would have to do too much custom work to fit one in, and if the tranny is going to take the abuse that I'm gonna put through it, and does it come in a 5 spd manny tranny?

Tae

hypercarrots
05-11-2001, 09:22 PM
you guys are both TY Y!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Tae:
OK... TY... Single Turbo... my bad... but still rated at 276hp... but I imagine it puts out more than that...

Hey did you know that my intials are T.Y. Yoon... haha... well actually... it's Tae-young Yoon, so it's T-y Yoon... but close enough...

Tae<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OverZealousNoob
05-11-2001, 09:35 PM
Because that takes all the fun out of it that's why. =P

**DONOTDELETE**
05-11-2001, 11:26 PM
I was wondering what was going on with this project.

Here's my ultimate 240sx project:

step 1: Drive to Tempe(5-10 minutes)

step 2: Find a clean looking white 97 s14.(may take some time)

step 3: switch beautiful white 97se with ratty teal 95. (the owner will never know the difference)

step 4: Enjoy extra 200 ponies until the law or an angry guy in a ratty 95 catch up to me.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-12-2001, 06:35 PM
Who said I was talking about your car? http://www.freshalloy.com/

[This message has been edited by zbeast (edited 05-12-2001).]

OverZealousNoob
05-12-2001, 09:43 PM
'97 S14 SE Turbo,
I don't know how you were feeling when you read zbeast's response but maybe you should lighten up. I'm pretty sure he meant that to be a compliment. I'm sure anyone else as well as I would take it that way.

Ernest

[This message has been edited by GoodJuan (edited 05-12-2001).]

**DONOTDELETE**
05-13-2001, 12:00 PM
Good lord man, lighten up. I meant it as a compliment, I would never think to stealing anyone's car or property for that matter. I truly respect you, and what you have done to your car, thats why I think of it as the "Ultimate 240 project". I consider most of you as friends, for god sake we talk indirectly to each other almost everyday. If we cant joke amongst friends, maybe Im at the wrong forum. http://www.freshalloy.com/