PDA

View Full Version : Hotshot Header (S13) install Q's

Mav1178
05-15-2001, 01:12 AM
I am about to get into the next part of my SCC dyno testing, and I've talked to several people that have had the Hotshot headers on their car and have gotten different responses.

Any tips and/or suggestions on the install of the headers? It will be going on a 1993 KA24DE. I need to know as many tips as possible, as I only have about a 4 hour timeframe to install the headers.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
05-15-2001, 06:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mav1178:
I am about to get into the next part of my SCC dyno testing, and I've talked to several people that have had the Hotshot headers on their car and have gotten different responses.

Any tips and/or suggestions on the install of the headers? It will be going on a 1993 KA24DE. I need to know as many tips as possible, as I only have about a 4 hour timeframe to install the headers.

-alex<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Alex,
Take your Strut Bar off. Put a jack Under the engine oil pan( I am sure you know how to protect and disperse wieght using a piece of wood) and lift the engine about an inch.
This WILL be helpfull on the angle and removal process.
Will Wait to hear results. I have not done mine yet, just other 240sx owners. And have not seen any HP worthy increases.(nix the other bennies).
RZ

Mav1178
05-15-2001, 01:29 PM
IIRC Asad mentioned something about clamps for the headers. Asad, can you go into more detail about this? Anyone else have other things to add?

My FSM is all torn up and in 5 or more pieces... Does anyone have the torque specs (and order) for the exhaust manifold bolts? Thanks.

-alex

05-16-2001, 03:03 PM
Yeah...so the collector pipe is 2 pieces, with a slip-fit joint. The header has a little mounting tab thingy for a bolt which is used to secure the two pipes together (so they don't slip apart). On my header, the mounting tab didn't line up correctly, so when it was bolted together it twisted the rest of the exhaust down toward the ground. What I would do (if this is still a problem) is install the header, and don't use the mounting tab for the slip joint. Once you get it all installed and positioned how you want it, then use an exhaust clamp to hold the slip joint instead of the bolt/tab thing.

I already told you about enlarging/slotting the holes in the head flange (make the ones on the outside the largest, or slot them the most, and you shouldn't have to do as much as you go inward).

Also, the EGR tube has a tendency to get stuck on the threads of the fitting...just keep pulling, eventually it'll get to a point where you can thread the fitting.

Remember, use anti-sieze on everything!

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mav1178:
IIRC Asad mentioned something about clamps for the headers. Asad, can you go into more detail about this? Anyone else have other things to add?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>