PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going from a Maxima to the FX35

LegalNinja
03-10-2003, 10:52 PM
My wife strongly suggested trading in my 2k2 Max SE I just bough in July for a crossover SUV which would be a bit more practical for us. Because of my experiences with our last three new cars (y2k Honda, 2k1 Ford, and 2k2 Nissan), I've decided nothing less than a luxury manufacturer will do. Also, my wife gets some kind of corporate discount on Nissan/Infiniti which, if substantial (I don't know the details; we didn't use it on the Max), makes an FX35 pretty attractive compared to the MDX and XC90. Anyway, I'd like to get some real world opinions about the practicality of the FX35 from people who have an active lifestyle and kids. Thanks for any replies.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-11-2003, 02:29 AM
Go for it! You'll love the FX35. I just took delivery last week of the FX45 because I love the extra power but the FX35 is strong and considerably less money. Forget the tech package, you don't need it. Get the basic FX35 with premium and hit the roads of America. You'll be blown away by the stereo and handling...what a car. Don't even hesitate..go buy one tomorrow. Mine is liquid copper so if you live in California, get another color...I love to be different!

troilore
03-11-2003, 09:12 AM
If you got kids, get the tech pack....
Lots of quite time with the DVD player....

Hemants
03-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Sounds like it would suit your needs but my only caveat is that you will take a depreciation and tax haircut on your maxima.