PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone swapped in PW or PL into thier S13?

SOHC240
03-11-2003, 11:36 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried this or has thought about swapping in power windows and power door lock into thier non-power S13.

How tough of a job was it/ would it be to do? The part that I am not sure about is the wiring but after installing my SR20 myself, I figure that this can't be that hard.

Any opinions?

Thanks alot,
Marshall

SOHC240
03-12-2003, 02:02 PM
No one has tried this???

I figure the easiest way to go about swapping it would be to swap both complete doors, that way all I would have to do is paint the door. No hassle with wiper motors, door locks etc.

I a just wondering about wiring. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marshall

jOeHaCk98
03-12-2003, 03:04 PM
Swapping doors is the easy part. It is pretty much wiring intenstive. You could swap the wiring harness from the donor car, but its alot of wire tracing. Not the funnest thing in the world. I would rather make my own harness.

Before you start, think what is involved. Then decided if its worth it to you.

SOHC240
03-13-2003, 12:15 AM
I figure though that all the wiring harnesses should be able to support the PW and PL, just that the cars without wouldn't use those parts of the harness. Is there any truth to this?

Also I was wonderingif there is a plug for the harness going to the door, or is it straight wire.

Thanks again,
Marshall

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2003, 12:26 AM
Check to see if your doors have a harness inside that will support the pw and pl's. If it doesnt you can add aftermarket ones in place. The door locks are cheap at about $15 a motor. You will just have to fabricate a bracket to mount the solenoid to push and pull the door lock rod. As far as the windows. My friend installed a kit onto his 1990 240 a long time ago. It was just a motor that would crank the manual regulator from the stock window crank. It worked real good too. It was fast. My other friend installed the same thing on his hachi too. The only bad thing is that you have that ugly hole where the factory crank was.Some kits come with a cover that goes over that area so it doesnt look so bad tho.