PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate 240SX... Step 2 and a half...

TitaniusMaximus
05-19-2001, 08:36 PM
Ummm... Good news and bad news, guys... I'm starting to hear the infamous timing chain rattle, which means the SR20DET swap is coming sooner than I thought... oh, let's say... within 6 weeks... so the order goes as follows...

1. Completing the audio system
2. SR20DET and short shifter
3. More interior mods (stripping the back seat/seatbelts and building out the hatch area featuring a full size spare and a amp rack)
4. Suspension tweaks (Eibach Pro-kit/KYB AGX and bushings)
5. Wheels/Tires (Leaning toward the 5Zigen ZR5 Copse wheels 17"... but I could change my mind at anytime)
6. Body Kit/Paint (C-West or Veilside C-3 and Majestic Blue on the 20th Ann. Maxima or Titanium Frost on the Altima)
7. Turn up the BOOST!!! (Goal is to have 350hp at the wheels)
8. Get another project car... haha...

Tae

hypercarrots
05-20-2001, 03:17 AM
but you still need to make sure you have emergency money and another car to commute in should your GT-R need repair.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turbo:
By the time you're done, you could've bought a '92 BNR32 Skyline GT-R... That's the delima that besets me right now... If I were to build my own '97 RPS13 Type X, I could've bought a Miata, WRX, or BNR32 GT-R...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
05-20-2001, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turbo:
By the time you're done, you could've bought a '92 BNR32 Skyline GT-R... That's the delima that besets me right now... If I were to build my own '97 RPS13 Type X, I could've bought a Miata, WRX, or BNR32 GT-R...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I call for the WRX.

Are we talking about you driving one of these overseas?(i forget where you are exactly) or is this to replace the 240?

I'd say the WRX. All wheel drive and "lighter" than the skyline. You'd had enough fun with Nissans and i feel you'll get bored.

R32 is nice dont get me wrong but.......wait a minute...what year of cars are we talking about? new,old, (OBViously the R32 is not new but....) <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Tae:
Ummm... Good news and bad news, guys... I'm starting to hear the infamous timing chain rattle, which means the SR20DET swap is coming sooner than I thought... oh, let's say... within 6 weeks... so the order goes as follows...

1. Completing the audio system
2. SR20DET and short shifter
3. More interior mods (stripping the back seat/seatbelts and building out the hatch area featuring a full size spare and a amp rack)
4. Suspension tweaks (Eibach Pro-kit/KYB AGX and bushings)
5. Wheels/Tires (Leaning toward the 5Zigen ZR5 Copse wheels 17"... but I could change my mind at anytime)
6. Body Kit/Paint (C-West or Veilside C-3 and Majestic Blue on the 20th Ann. Maxima or Titanium Frost on the Altima)
7. Turn up the BOOST!!! (Goal is to have 350hp at the wheels)
8. Get another project car... haha...

Tae<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

350rwhp........you'd better put a turbo upgrade in there. And most likely(i'm soon to find out) cams and springs.

350hp is a big boot to fill. Injectors, rom tune, better pistons for reliability, FMIC, substantially high flowing exhaust.

to think my car was "fast" putting around at 250rwhp on the street. God forbid having 350rwhp.

Good luck, keep us posted so we can constructively add to your list `o mods.

[This message has been edited by Greaser (edited 05-20-2001).]

TitaniusMaximus
05-20-2001, 02:39 PM
Hey TY... believe it or not, I was thinking of getting a R32 GT-R after I'm done with the 240 project... of course the 240 will be driven by my girlfriend... and I get the Skyline??? haha... maybe I should go for a 1970 240Z???

And yes, in order for me to turn up the boost I think the bottom end has to be built up... who knows I might settle for 300WHP...

And yes, I would like to keep the color within the Nissan family...

And I wonder if the R34 wheels would fit...

I still haven't picked out a name for this car yet... help me out if you guys have an idea... my 92 SE-R with a custom turbo set up was named Chester, my current big boy truck 2000 Chevy Silverado is named Stewart... I was thinking about Martha, hahahahaha...

Tae
'91 Nissan 240SX Fastback (breaking down and soon to be a monster)

**DONOTDELETE**
05-20-2001, 09:49 PM
Was that "chester the civic molestor"

TitaniusMaximus
05-20-2001, 10:50 PM
Actually when I had Chester, I was living in the deep down dirty South... So it was molesting 5.0's and Camaros/Firebirds...

Tae

HyperTek
05-20-2001, 11:28 PM
Doctor Tae, you have an s13 right?? how bout puttin on some s14 mirrors if they would fit, and fill in those body lines that run along side the door handle, that would help make the car look newer. With mine, I was gonna go with maybe Lexus Solar Yellow or Spectra blue mica (both from IS 300) or maybe one of those new frontier colors.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-21-2001, 08:45 AM
just wait for the Evo VII.. maybe youll like it a lot =D