PDA

View Full Version : 2 engine swaps in 240's

omega
05-20-2001, 04:19 PM
After clicking on a few links in search of more info on 240's I ran across another nissan forum (I think it was teamnismo.com or something) ... anyway, someone (I want to say his user name was Quest???) posted a message about his friend's 240sx that had a VG30DETT in it. I don't know if he blowing smoke, but it sounded like he was serious. The board gave him a hard time about how poorly the car would handle, but he said the power in straight lines was incredible. And from his message he said that his friend's engine swap was relatively straight forward - almost like nissan intended it ... anyway, the other thing I saw yesterday was at a gas station while I was filling up my 91' hardbody (that sounds disturbing now that I proofread it - fueling my 1991 nissan pickup). Another nissan hardbody with a lift kit and ginormous tires and loud dual exhaust pulled in next to me. I told him nice truck and asked about the engine. He opened the hood and told me he had a 5.0 ford. It was a V8, but there was nothing that I could see that designated it as a 5 liter ford engine, but I don't see why he'd lie about who made the V8. Anyway, he said that a friend did the swap and that you could buy engine swap kits for ford or chevy V8's to complete the conversion. A nissan hardbody isn't a 240, but I thought they shared the same engine (well, not mine, its an single OC not a dual). So maybe they already have engine mounts to convert to a V8 made. I'm not suggesting anything here, just passing on some info. Assuming a V8 would fit, is my logic correct - could you use those engine mounts in a 240?

mzf
05-21-2001, 12:16 PM
Anything is possible. Some people have swapped 5.0 V8 engines into Miata's.

TheWhistler
05-21-2001, 08:32 PM
Or a LT1 V8 Corvette engine in a Fiero, our head tech owns it, it's insanely fast and loud. But like MZF said, anything is possible. http://www.freshalloy.com/
Justin
HMP Motorsports

matt240sx
05-22-2001, 07:59 PM
A VG30DETT hummmmm got one setting in the garage waiting to go into the 240sx as soon as I get tired of the KA and see how far I can push it. priliminary measurements it looks like the TT should fit. Of course we will have to make speacial exhuast manifolds to relocate the turbo's, or I may go with a single turbo conversion. BTW the ferio is nutty!! sounds GREAT monster cam!
Matt
HMP Motorsports

ta2maki
05-22-2001, 09:06 PM
a vg30det fits so a vg30dett shouldn't be too much harder.

i'll post this pic again.

http://www.freshalloy.com/