03-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Are Toyo Tires any good?

ThonG
03-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Any specific model you have in mind?:)

thon

jedmonds
03-19-2003, 03:47 PM
that would probably help. I am not really sure to be honest, i ran into a guy that worked at les schwab and he recommended toyo's. i checked on line and cant find the size i need. I have the sedan with the 17 sports package wheels. the size i have been told to get is 235/50/17

I am looking for good performance and good tread life. if there is such an animal. i put on about 26000 miles a year. so i dont want to have to buy tires once a year. I live in CA so rain comes once an awhile, i never go to the snow, and all my driving is highway. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer

ThonG
03-19-2003, 03:57 PM
stock size is 215/55 17 on that car. Dunno why you'd go with a wider tire on that stock rim. Probably best to stay stock size i would think. Doesn't look like a whole lot is available in that size Either.

Wait for luke to respond, he'll have more insight than I.

But i suggest getting stock size'd tires. and i also suggest staying away from 'performance' tires if you want to see 30-40k miles out of them.

thon

threeinchblitz
03-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Toyo makes good tires in my opinion. They offer something called the proxy T1S. The tire is the best for great treadwear and extreme grip. It looks great and will last.
I have been through three sets of yokos on the rear and i still have plenty of tread up front on the toyos. Granted i have a rear wheel drive car a 3 to 1 ratio of tires is not normal. The toyos carry the price tag on the T1S model but it is well worth it.
hope my 2 cents helps you

jjellyneck
05-04-2003, 01:26 PM
I've mostly heard rave reviews on the Toyo T1S. The Pole Position 03 will slightly outhandle it, but the Toyo apparently offers a better ride, is quieter and lasts a little bit longer. These were not from direct head-to-head comparisons, but from people who tried the Toyo or changed to it from other brands.