PDA

View Full Version : need cams for a base 95 240sx

**DONOTDELETE**
05-24-2001, 02:35 AM
about 2-3 years ago i bought a pair of cams that were regrinds from a local shop that got them from JG. for one thing, i didn't notice any gains from it accept maybe a touch more top end but not worth the money that i spent for them($500). right now i'm looking for a new pair, something that would match good with a turbo application since i plan on going turbo in the future. i've been searching alot on the forums and people are talking about nissanmotorsports cams or older 240 cams along with the altimas cams. i haven't touched my motor in a long time(mods). knowing that the ka24de motor isn't much for top end, i'll need a pair of cams to give me a good mid to top end push. does anybody have any knowledge or experience as to which would be a good solution to my problem?(specs,brand,shop,etc...)

PEACE!

sigisigi5

**DONOTDELETE**
05-24-2001, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sigi5:
about 2-3 years ago i bought a pair of cams that were regrinds from a local shop that got them from JG. for one thing, i didn't notice any gains from it accept maybe a touch more top end but not worth the money that i spent for them($500). right now i'm looking for a new pair, something that would match good with a turbo application since i plan on going turbo in the future. i've been searching alot on the forums and people are talking about nissanmotorsports cams or older 240 cams along with the altimas cams. i haven't touched my motor in a long time(mods). knowing that the ka24de motor isn't much for top end, i'll need a pair of cams to give me a good mid to top end push. does anybody have any knowledge or experience as to which would be a good solution to my problem?(specs,brand,shop,etc...)

PEACE!

sigisigi5
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either STICK with the Stock cams to avoid the INFAMOUS overlap. Which with a Turbo, as some members can confirm, causes possible self destruct...
Or talk with DON Nimi at www.pdm-racing.com (http://www.pdm-racing.com) and get his view using the stage II cams.
http://www.freshalloy.com/

mzf
05-24-2001, 03:12 PM
Didn't Mav1178 say that JWT was making some cams for his car for the dyno tests? Maybe they'll have some on the market soon.

Mav1178
05-24-2001, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mzf:
Didn't Mav1178 say that JWT was making some cams for his car for the dyno tests? Maybe they'll have some on the market soon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup.

Prototype JWT KA24DE cams, ready to be installed on my car in 2-3 weeks. I would suggest contacting JWT for inquiries. FYI the JWT cams are not regrinds, so they will cost a lot of money.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
05-24-2001, 10:24 PM
yeah, i called jwt a couple months ago and they told me that they were going to make some cams for the ka24de motor , but forgot all about it. they might be ready soon but i'm not sure. anyone know how much they are going to cost? when they come out for sale? how much hp increase? and if they're compatible with a turbo application?

sigisigi5