PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts

**DONOTDELETE**
03-24-2003, 02:42 AM
hey guys i have been reading FA for about 2 years now and i have posted a few times with diffrent names cuz i never remember my password http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif anyway the times i posted i used what info was provided and fixed or modded my 240 properly..... last august on my birthday i blew up my fast back waited and bought this nice 95 for 900 bucks.. but it needed some work so i stuck it in my garage and didnt even look at it.... so i swapped the fast backs engine with a newer 94 ka.... drove it around... did the usual intake.... exhaust....rims...... big stereo........ then a few weeks ago the new ka blew up on me while this SE-r was trying to catch up to me.... i was pissed but since i had the 95 i didnt worry.... my problem now is i dont know what to do? i feel you guys that frequent the advance forum are bit more knowledgeable (sp) and experienced and can lend a thought or two...... i wanted to build a KAT but the turbo i have is too small EX ar is .48..... and i have thought about sr swap but i belive heavy throttle is booked solid and i am a bit intimidated by the whole swap it myself thing i dont have the room.... the funny thing is i kinda really like the 95 and wanna mod it too im torn... with all of your collective experiience andknowledge what would you suggest if u had to do it again?

HyperTek
03-24-2003, 02:55 AM
Are you really ready to go turbo since you keep blowing up motors??? Um Im not too sure where your coming from, but Id put another motor in that thing and boost it.

Use the S14 (95) as a cruiser and race out ur s13

**DONOTDELETE**
03-24-2003, 03:02 AM
i dont know why the second one blew? i was running full synthetic and changing it evey 2700 miles the engine roared and never gave me any problems..... when i checked out the engine it had a nice hole in the oil pan but i been sooo busy with the wifey...... work and modding my nextel phone i havent had time to really inspect it... and using the s14 as a "pimp" ride had crossed my mind....since my 93 is gutted.. all i have in there is 2 seats dash and stereo with dvd

Chip_Letzgus
03-24-2003, 03:48 AM
You should just drive normal. You sound like you drive like a maniac.

Modding your Nextel phone? Just find out what firmware it has and go from there.

Wiisass
03-24-2003, 06:24 AM
Personally, i think you should find out why you keep blowing up engines. I mean two in what a year or two, and both NA? KAT is a big thing and from what i've researced and heard over the years, takes a lot. I think it would be smarter to keep reading and learn more, than to go KAT and blow another engine and realize that you've wasted money. This isn't a flame or anything just my thoughts.

Tim

jspecusa
03-24-2003, 06:25 AM
key is budget and goal.
1. how much you got?
2. how much you willing to spend?
3. what's the purpose of the car?
there's no such thing as too small of a turbo for a KA.
you can even put on a T25 and gain 40hp+ on a KA still be better then a KA with intake,header, and exhaust.
it's all up to power range and power band you are looking for you'll select the "right" turbo for you.
everyone has a different idea of what's fast.
good luck,

sam http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MoSpeed
03-24-2003, 07:25 AM
I would have to agree with HyperTek. Just do the basic bolt ons to the 95 and keep nice an streetable and then with the 93 build it for race. That way if you blow the motor in the 93 you would still have your 95 as a nice daily driver.

McGuirk
03-24-2003, 10:12 AM
I am going crazy the way you ask questions out of statements?

Ahhsk
03-24-2003, 12:00 PM
Any takers that he's from NY?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-24-2003, 07:05 PM
i am from NY lol and i dont think i drive like a maniac.. well not all the time..... i happen to think i know a thing or two and am handy with a wrench.... what i am is lost in my direction..... i have no real budget and im not on a schedule.... i want the best possible parts to make the best all around Fulfilling car..... not just stright line speed, but handling and braking, looks and sound....no carpet and tralier queen, i want to build something i can drive everyday and be happy a car that puts a smile on my face anytime i look at it... i know it take time and money and hard work.... but what i cant decide is on a foundation to start on.... thats why i turn to those with knowledge and experience...

Ahhsk
03-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Pay up boys.

imstuner
03-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Find out what are you doing or not doing to cause your motor to blow! And the i would think about which way to go.

As for me i'm going Kat and here is the pic of my T04 from cheapturbo.com http://users.erols.com/crx-tc/240sx/Picture%20021.jpg

http://users.erols.com/crx-tc/240sx/Picture%20022.jpg