PDA

View Full Version : Aero parts

xcbomber
03-25-2003, 02:34 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any body kits that actually did something for the aerodynamics of the 240 either S13 or S14. For example Mugen's body kits lowered the coefficient of friction on the new RSX. And no i'm not goin to buy any of this i just wanted a new topic to talk about other than turbos and suspension work. thanks in advance

-Ryan

Dousan_PG
03-25-2003, 02:37 PM
spoilers (trunk) almost always have some sort of down force.

i sure some of the lip spoilers (bumpers) do as well.

Y_Kodama
03-25-2003, 05:39 PM
I doubt there are any companies that make body kits to improve aerodynamics. Some increase air flow through the engine bay, but most aftermarket companies don't have the money to research the aerodynamics in wind tunnels. I don't know the exact costs but renting time in a full size air tunnel is not cheap at all. Most Mugen aero parts are pretty expensive. Part of the reason is you are paying for the research they have done. For Nissans i don't know of any companies that have tested their kits for aerodynamics. If any did, i would think it would probably be Top Secret, Jun or Nismo. Top Secret kind of test their parts only they don't do it in a wind tunnel but on highways at very high speeds.

AD
03-26-2003, 03:26 AM
I believe C-West actually do wind tunnel testing and/or are at least "track proven"... I think I read something about their FD3S, S15 and MRS widebody kits actually improving aerodynamics as well as air flow to radiator/IC... however, I'm not sure if this was true; could just be hearsay.

s13silady
03-26-2003, 03:39 AM
well my buddy drives a prelude with the wings west cali kit.. (i think thats what its called)
but it also cam with a shopping cart spoiler... but anyways. if we are cruisin on the freeway and he downshifts, his car just drops toi the ground and hes just gone.. if your driving next to him, you'll literaly see his car drop an inch off the ground...talk about aerodynamics.. and its not just the rear of his car its the whole thing all at once.

iHATEstupidity
03-26-2003, 05:37 PM
that would be called the aerodynamics of him stepping on the gas

THINK

**DONOTDELETE**
03-26-2003, 10:48 PM
yeah, thats definately "squat"...and its definately not beneficial for FF.