PDA

View Full Version : pro kit springs

**DONOTDELETE**
05-27-2001, 10:15 PM
Hi, Anyone know if eibach prokit springs comes with bushings?

thanks.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-28-2001, 09:11 PM
no...

no...

the spring only come along with two tiny sticker.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-28-2001, 11:50 PM
actually, is there any spring or shock kits that come with bushings?

sorry for the newbie-ness

**DONOTDELETE**
05-29-2001, 01:45 PM
so is there a set of shocks i can buy that comes with polyurethane bushings?

NIS240SHU
05-29-2001, 06:39 PM
There aren't really any "bushings" involved with shocks/springs. There is the upper perch in the front, which does have some rubber in it, but I think you are referring to something else. The bushings that are commonly replaced with polyurethane in a car (when dealing with suspension) are the swaybar endlink and center bushings. The old OEM rubber bushings get a lot of compliance/give in them with age, and replacing them with polyurethane can result in increased swaybar effectiveness (better turn in, etc etc). You can also get stuff like polyurethane engine mounts and etceteras. The only "upgrade" you can do to your "shock" bushing would be something like a polyurethane upper shock mount for the front, or a pillow ball mount (TEIN, HKS, Cusco, etc). A pillow ball mount is simply a metal bearing that offers NO give whatsoever. Increased ride harshness, tracking, road noise, and more are byproducts of this upgrade. But the metal bearing prevents any sort of deflection under load that could be present with a rubber upper mount.

-Erik (not Junior, I'm just at his house http://www.freshalloy.com/)

**DONOTDELETE**
05-30-2001, 08:13 PM
Ahh I see now. thanks a lot for the run-down.

Say, is there any websites out there for newbies like me that explains everything about suspension? thanks in advance.

Mav1178
05-30-2001, 08:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by percula:
Say, is there any websites out there for newbies like me that explains everything about suspension? thanks in advance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Credit goes to whomever that sent the original link, not me.
http://www.onthenet.com.au/~billzila/suspensn.htm

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
05-31-2001, 07:54 PM
awesome. thanks.