PDA

View Full Version : Spring orientation

stuntman240
04-08-2003, 06:22 PM
OK. So I got my S. Tech springs in and so I pull off the old strut/shock assembly and take them to my friendly neighborhood auto shop to put the springs on, as I am afraid of the rental spring compressors.
Anyways I get them back and the rear springs were put on with lettering on them so that you could read it, but the fronts had the lettering upside down, I asked the guy if that was they way and he said they fit better that way, but do they go the other way? He said he would switch them around if they needed to be.

Thanks

McGuirk
04-08-2003, 06:35 PM
I doubt that they "fit better" that way but I do not think that the orientation matters.

orion
04-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Are they linear or progressive?

Makes a difference...

Let us know - Brian

stuntman240
04-08-2003, 10:34 PM
I know for sure that the rears are, its rather obvious, but the fronts dont look to be at all, but that dosent mean that they arent.

Tein S.Tech Springs, S14. Asad?

McGuirk
04-08-2003, 11:18 PM

Makes a difference...

Let us know - Brian

Are linears like that on only one side?

asad
04-08-2003, 11:22 PM

Makes a difference...

Actually it doesn't. Even a progressive spring works the same way if it's installed "upside down".

The springs of the 240sx definitely have a "top" and a "bottom" -- just in terms of how they fit into the spring mounts. The lower seat of the spring is "stepped" whereas the top isn't.

BTW, the Tein webpage lists only a single rate for the S14 (and all other) S-Tech springs, implying that they're linear.

Asad