PDA

View Full Version : Installing AC...some questions..

AZ_Dave
04-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Ok, I want to put AC back into my 89, with redtop SR. I've got a dohc compressor bolted in, using the magical two bolt method. First, I'm using clutch fan with SR shroud, so I'm wondering how I can fit the accumulator in there? Because the SR shroud covers over the stock location. Also will DOHC-everything work on my 89 chassis?
I just want to get as much stuff as possible installed before I take it to a shop do redo the seals, convert to r134 and charge it...anyone know about how much this runs?

argetni
04-19-2003, 01:07 AM
i have to cut my fan shroud on the passenger side to make room for the ac thing.

kazuo
04-19-2003, 04:43 AM
Hey,

I also have a '89 Coupe with a SR, and I've been wanting to get my A/C working again.

As the other poster mentioned, you're going to need to cut the shroud to clear the A/C receiver/drier.

From there its just a matter of making sure the wiring is correct and that you have the lines routed properly.

I am using the SR compressor, but I kept all the lines from the SR as well as the KA, so hopefully if I take all of it to a shop, they can just figure it out. =)

Keep us updated; I know others will be happy to hear that you got the A/C going. =)