PDA

View Full Version : Fmax Turbo Kit Install PROBLEM...!!!

rn240sx
04-14-2003, 01:50 PM
For some reason since I installed this kit and JWT computer, the computer or whatever is DUMPING a [censored] load of fuel into the cylinder. Now the car wont start and when we get it started the idle is badly jumping around. Could it be the Injector O-rings are different from the stock 185cc..?? What could be causing this besides the computer.?
Robert
98 ka

Rownan
04-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Upgraded injectors? Are you positive the ECU is tuned for them?

Jonny_290
04-14-2003, 03:34 PM
185cc?

stock KA's are rockin 290cc's, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

ringer
04-14-2003, 03:54 PM
If you did not replace the orings when you swaped the injectors, I would suggest that as a good place to start. As far as I know they are the same (370cc vs 290cc). However they are easily damaged when you are installing them. Especially if you used the same o-rings that were on the injectors that you pulled out.

I had a similar problem with my ka-t and it was only leaking on one injector. I don't think that my car would have started had there been more than one o-ring leaking.

asad
04-14-2003, 03:56 PM
stock KA's are rockin 290cc's, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

270cc/min or thereabouts.

Asad

rn240sx
04-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Well I changed out all 4 O-Rings sets and now it starts up fine but im getting a lot of white smoke that smells like fuel so i know its still dumping fuel. Now it starts but and the idle is calm but it feels like the car is bouncing up and down.

revlis240
04-14-2003, 05:50 PM
how are you putting the injectors back into the rail? are you using the caps to push the injectors down as you tighten them? thats the wrong way to do it. as much as your hands are gonna hurt, you HAVE to lube the injectors and PUSH them into the rail w/o any other force than your hand. and THEN you put the caps on and bolt em down. putting the caps on and using them to push the injector down will not only tear the orings every time, but will also land u a set of useless injectors that are warped at the tip. trust me, this info comes from experience http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Abe

rn240sx
04-14-2003, 07:07 PM
ITS A MIRACLE, ITS FIXED, I HOPE..!!
Well we went to hook up the timming gun to check the timming, started her up, idle was jumpy as usual, disconnected the TPS, IDLE SMOOTHED OUT..!! Checked the timming and it was at 20. Shut her down, re-connected the TPS, started back up, idle still SMOOTH..!! Drove it around the block 3 times, no sputtering, no stalling. I hope it stays this way..!! Just have to burn off my 87 octane I have in the tank b4 i start to hunt down some domestics or hondas..

Jonny_290
04-14-2003, 07:43 PM
The 290cc was a Freudian slip, I swear. (see handle)

champa
04-14-2003, 08:16 PM
how are you putting the injectors back into the rail? are you using the caps to push the injectors down as you tighten them? thats the wrong way to do it. as much as your hands are gonna hurt, you HAVE to lube the injectors and PUSH them into the rail w/o any other force than your hand. and THEN you put the caps on and bolt em down. putting the caps on and using them to push the injector down will not only tear the orings every time, but will also land u a set of useless injectors that are warped at the tip. trust me, this info comes from experience http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Abe

what is the difference between using the cap and your fingures? i used the cap and my car seems to be ok.

Red_S14
04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
rn240sx, this question is off topic but could you please tell me how the install was. Any other difficulties you encountered and if you would recommend the install to other people?