PDA

View Full Version : ok .. who knows stock nissan turbos?

siksilver350z
04-15-2003, 03:09 AM
i have a t28 , that i bought under the impression that it is a gtir turbo. now that i ahve it home , i can tell that it is a t28 (size), but i doesnt look like any other gtir i have seen. the rear is the same size as t25 , but the front i large. and on the compressor it says " 16V 10 nissan motor" , and it has a 2 inch inlet , not a bolt on elbow , but an actual inlet , like on an after market t3/t4. any one know what this is ??

asad
04-15-2003, 03:11 AM
Easiest way to tell if it's NOT a GTi-R turbo -- the GTi-R turbos have a larger, 0.86 (? 0.8something) A/R turbine housing; S-chassis turbos all have 0.64 A/R I believe.

Asad

rocksco_ultraPEZ
04-15-2003, 03:14 AM
if it says 'nissan motor' on the compressor it could be a z31 or a 280zx turbo, but that would make it a t3 exhaust.. possibly a hybrid.. some pics would help.

Rock

siksilver350z
04-15-2003, 04:15 AM
i will try to post some pics , but my digital took a bath at busch gardens last week . this turbo is very crude looking ... like maybe the exhaust housing has been fabricated, not at all like the other nissan turbos i have here ...i may just end up using as a core

Trunk
04-15-2003, 02:44 PM
this turbo is very crude looking ... like maybe the exhaust housing has been fabricated, not at all like the other nissan turbos i have here

What does it look like? Is it a cast elbow with the wastegate flapper door setup built into it?

My T3 from an 88 300zx (.60/.63) had Nissan cast into the compressor housing, had the inlet like you mentioned, and also had the cast o2 elbow/wastegate setup. I swapped it out for the more standard Ford/Merkur turbine housing.

It's pretty small, but I don't think it could be confused with a T28 though.

siksilver350z
04-15-2003, 03:08 PM
What does it look like? Is it a cast elbow with the wastegate flapper door setup built into it?

My T3 from an 88 300zx (.60/.63) had Nissan cast into the compressor housing, had the inlet like you mentioned, and also had the cast o2 elbow/wastegate setup. I swapped it out for the more standard Ford/Merkur turbine housing.

It's pretty small, but I don't think it could be confused with a T28 though.

yes .. it does have a flap .. but it has the same saize ehxuast , and flange as my t25's . could it still be T3 ?