PDA

View Full Version : please identify s14 wires in main harness

drifts_14
04-22-2003, 08:10 AM
well i'm busy wiring up my autronic stnad alon for my s14 with and s13 motor in it... when i pulled the original KA24 wiring harness i noticed through the firewall (cabin side) and just before the ecu there is a large connector of some sort (something like 30 small pins and maybe 20 large pins, which are all arranged in two rows). Anyways i was looking at these and figuring out what and how i could salvage, my figuring is that i can just basically cut every wire off of it, except the wiper motor harnesses, then reground them (two ground wires head back to ecu). Anways i was just wandering mainly what the rest of the harness does, any info would be great.(i cant exactly test anything with my car in its current condition).

benevolent
04-22-2003, 08:25 AM
so the autronic does not use the factory ecu plug? i kinda thought it was like the power FC.. anyway if you're talking about the 48 pin Super multiple junction then....you can't cut that and still expect to use the stuff it controls. there's all kinds of stuff tucked in there..like the wipers(you mentioned) signal for guages,VSS, and other things i can't think of. look in the back of the FSM under Super multiple junction. the pinout is on the pullout centerfold page and you can reference the wires throughout the FSM.

drifts_14
04-22-2003, 03:16 PM
nah autronic is pretty hardcore... you get rid of alot of the factory wiring, but yes i'll look that up and see if there is anything else i need...