PDA

View Full Version : Putting together turbo items for installation

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Where can I get turbo piping for intercooler? (I went ahead and got a volvo intercooler that I plan to trim)

Also I got S-AFC for 275 @ a place in oregon that have 3 left on sale.
Now you may be thinking, "oh no he's gonna get himself into deep crap trying to tinker with that thing".
I'm having professionals install EVERYTHING and TUNE everything so dont worry. But with the S-AFC (Apexi Super Air Fuel Control right?) will I still need to have a JWT tuned CPU to run more then white bunnies recommended 4psi max?

gunluvS14
04-29-2003, 03:57 PM
what is your route for fuel enrichment? You planned to use the S-AFC with just the stock 270cc and stock fuel pressure?? How about run a FMU and fine tune it with S-AFC. That's what I will do.
Another route could be using 370cc with hacked MAF... works prett well. Orion has a good write up about it. Do a search on him.

Blurple240
04-30-2003, 02:23 PM
I got mine from Road Race Engineering. www.roadraceengineering.com (http://www.roadraceengineering.com) Go to the eclipse section, then scroll down until you see the Do It Yourself Parts section. They have all sorts of little goodies in there like mandrel bends, flanges, silicon connectors, etc. I like them because they have excellent customer service.

-john

**DONOTDELETE**
05-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Grandpa

Tite!
I just ordered from there too and its in the mail now =]
275 a good price
they had 3 left when i called

**DONOTDELETE**
05-01-2003, 08:19 PM
gunluv

I was thinking about a better fuel pump. (any recomendations)

Hacking the MAF though I would need to send ECU to be retuned at JWT right?

ninety_six
05-01-2003, 08:38 PM
nope, no ecu retune, thats the point of the hacked MAFS...now if u go with 370cc injectors and a cobra or z32 mafs then yes u will need retune...search for hacked maf...u WILL find info

**DONOTDELETE**
05-01-2003, 10:59 PM

Couldnt find any thing bro.
I checked google and yahoo.
keywords: 'hacked 240sx MAF' (re-arranged them too)

**DONOTDELETE**

**DONOTDELETE**

Kookz
05-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Search here! hacked "and" MAF

ninety_six
05-01-2003, 11:04 PM
lol, calm down man...u only have to post once http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif, i meant search the forums...there are many threads on here that contain those key words...for example this.... (http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=All_Forums&Words=hacked%20 maf&Match=And&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts)

**DONOTDELETE**
05-13-2003, 04:04 AM
I'm koo... something up with my old comp... it post three times... probably sends the post three times through internet. If you notice all three of those posts were in the same minute and if you had a good net source reader in the same second. I had that problem before at this forum where i send the messege once and it posts three of the same messeges.

I got an AFC instead. I could probably hook that up before i get turbo on with my friend. He had one before and we have the factory wiring diagram. The wiring for the 240 is the top left one (first one on the chart).

Just to double check. If I just used AFC to manage fuel/air ratio, does NE thing else need to be modified JUST for the turbo to run. (I'm just gonna boost below 4 until its broken in and that I'm sure my engine is safe)

**DONOTDELETE**
05-13-2003, 04:24 AM
I just read the entire post...... ... .. .. .. . . . pretty complicated for a newb like myself yeah? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I dunno... let me give it a shot at letting you know how i percieved it.

Basically, you put in larger injectors in to feed more fuel then the ECU is thinking. Then you match that fuel with that exact percent larger injector cross section area in the MAF, and you get that much more air according to injector size change.

????????? How'd I do ?????????

To make an annalogy of it I would say its like playing cards with an ace up your sleeve =]

You're matching air and fuel ... but then you're adding cc to MAF and larger injectors.

I wonder if this trick would work with Barry Bonds this season... we just give him a bigger bat and hope no one notices =P

Added: When I did the search for hacked MAF (must have just been a bad search engine day =X ) I found a lot of 'hacked aircan' along with the hacked MAF. Whats is it?

Kookz
05-13-2003, 04:58 AM
Yeah, you've got the hacked MAF idea down. Hacked aircan? I dunno, you found it. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kookz
05-13-2003, 05:00 AM
BUT...you've got an SAFC. No need to do the hacked MAF. Just put in the 370cc injectors, and set the SAFC to -27% on the injector setting.