PDA

View Full Version : Did compression test. results inside. they suck!!

Ovrated
05-11-2003, 10:01 PM
well i finally did a compression test on the sr, and i think the motor is fuked..
the numbers are as follows.

1- 115
2- 90
3- 90
4- 85

does this mean my headgasket is shot? or are my rings shot?

pampadori
05-11-2003, 11:40 PM
does the motor start? i would think it would have a hard time starting with those low numbers.
well, did the figures go up when you added a tablespoon of oil thru the spark plug holes? if the numbers raised, you have bad compression rings.
is your oil foamy? is your coolant oily? sign of headgasket leaks.

fwiw, you must have the engine hot, and the throttle to the floor when doing the compression test. (i'm just crossing my fingers for you in hopes that those numbers aren't for real and you just messed up instead)
shaun

NOSTALGIC_HERO
05-11-2003, 11:48 PM
it means your gonna give up..

unless your man style, and can go through a rebuild.. and even then... how long will it last?
you have an FSM yet? to properly diagnose/test/teardown

regardless of whether or not the compression problem is in the rings or in the headgasket (or worse, in the valveseats and valves) you will be tearing down an SR...

tell us, whatcha gonna do now?

(btw, proper compression test, is done with the motor fully warmed up, CAS unplugged, injectors unplugged, throttle at WOT, test dry, with no sparkplugs in the other cylinders.

then test wet- with a spoonful of oil-

generally you shoud see numbers go up if its the rings =after adding the oil.

it can either be the headgasket, or the valves.

GET THE FSM... and dont yell at people that have been there before... we know more... just be friggin humble.. you bought a screwed up motor.

Ovrated
05-12-2003, 06:06 PM
I have another sr laying around.. so i think im gonna swap that in and sell it.. and go from there....

NOSTALGIC_HERO
05-12-2003, 07:04 PM
sell car? yeah.. good idea. your not ready for this stuff.

Ovrated
05-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Actually im gonna build the one i pull dik head... why are you on my case all the damn time.. what the hell is your fukin problem? i have done nothing but ask questions, and you have been an a$$ the whole time.. i have already found a 98 that im gonna buy..and that sr is gonna go in it.. so lick my cack