PDA

View Full Version : Which rods?

mojoman
05-15-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey guys I was lookin over some old posts and I have a question about the stock ka24de rods. I currently have the 2nd sr in my 96 240 cause I blew the 1st. Spun a bearing. The second motor appearently needs some head work and the compression is 180-155-165-180. I dont know why my comp is so high on two of the cyl.Got a sh!t motor. Well I still have the ka motor and was thinking about going back to the Ka and doing a mild build up and changing the pistons&rings out and balancing the crank but using the oe rods. Is this a good idea? Should I get them s.p.,etc. I know the arguements between the two and I know they are both tough motors. Im just trying to go back to simple. So what about the rods?

sexy240
05-15-2003, 07:26 PM
I am getting my Ka rebuilt right now with new pistons, rings bearings, cams, blueprinting and balancing and a steal gasket. The Guy who is rebuiling my motor is garanteeing this set up to stay together at 400 hp. he is reusing the stock rods and re shot-peening them. I guess it depends on what kind of Hp your looking for. I know there are some that are @ 400 hp on stock internals