PDA

View Full Version : 'Ordered' Maximas - how long was the wait?

bradshaw46
05-15-2003, 11:32 PM
I ordered my 2004 Maxima (6spd SE, Driver Preferred, Sunroof, HLSD) about two weeks ago. Had problems locating one in *any* color outfitted that way - settled on the Majestic Blue/Charcoal interior. The dealership told me I'd likely have the car in about a month, although it could take up to 90 days (worst case scenario). But I was curious - for those of you who ordered your 2004s, how long did you have to wait? Any chance I'll be waiting less than 3 months?

oolatec
05-16-2003, 01:33 AM
While I was shopping for mine and considering all the options (since what i wanted at the time was not available), I considered ordering one. The three dealers I was bargaining with all said it would take up to 3 months time, if I were to special order it. Sounds about right...

Maxima_Mike
05-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Hmmm...I'm brand new here, and this is my first post, so here goes....

I just ordered my new Maxima yesterday. Black SE w/DPP. Same problem you had - I couldn't find one with just that option package in the color I wanted. I was told by two different dealerships to expect 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Also was told by both dealerships that there was a major hail storm in Tennessee where these things are built, and there are 6,400 Maximas at the assembly plant with hail damage. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I would expect hail sales across the US in the next few weeks!