PDA

View Full Version : Is my SR O2 sensor toast??????

Hollywood
05-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Before my autometer guage used to read at full rich at WOT, and mostly in the stoich to rich area, never lean.

Lately I have had a problem with my air fuels. My autometer guage says I'm mostly lean lately, as at idle it sits at the first stoich mark before lean and generally hangs aorund that area but full lean at WOT and lean at crusing speeds under vacume. I thought it was the guage so I replaced it. Still doing same thing with new guage.

Now if I unplag the O2 sensor from the harness clip the Autometer guage reads exaclty the same data mostly lean to 3 bar stoich.

So does this mean my O2 sensor is toast? And if it is why is the automter air/fuel still reading that data that does seem throttle based?

Hollywood
05-18-2003, 01:07 PM
I'm going on the dyno today to see my air fuels, as I dont trust the autometer guage right now.

DaveEEE
05-18-2003, 07:57 PM
I remember having the same problem with my A/F gauge (not autometer). One day coming back from the track it read full lean and I got scared, but the car felt the same. I replaced the o2 and it fixed my gauge reading.

Dave