PDA

View Full Version : s14 300ZX Rear Brake Install Question...

WeST
07-12-2001, 01:32 PM
I want to install my rear 300ZX brakes on my 96 240SX. I currently have the Rotors, Calipers, and the Pads, what else will I need? I dont want to get in there and install everything to realize I need some 300ZX SS lines. I know I need to get some things to use the E-Brake, but I can deal with not using it for awhile. Thanks!

Mark West - http://www.zilvia.net

07-12-2001, 03:28 PM
I think you will need lines too. You don't need to get stainless lines, you can use OEM 300ZX lines. I'm fairly sure that the chassis hardline fitting is the same on the 240 and the 300, it's only the caliper end that's different.

Do you have all the extra hardware (clips and pins) that go with the caliper? What about pad shims?

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WeST:
I want to install my rear 300ZX brakes on my 96 240SX. I currently have the Rotors, Calipers, and the Pads, what else will I need? I dont want to get in there and install everything to realize I need some 300ZX SS lines. I know I need to get some things to use the E-Brake, but I can deal with not using it for awhile. Thanks!

Mark West - http://www.zilvia.net <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

projectsilvia
07-12-2001, 09:06 PM
if your interested in ebrake lines, look for more information in the upcoming article at projectsilvia.com with the installation of rear z brakes and useful ebrake =)

**DONOTDELETE**
07-12-2001, 09:10 PM
Or just swap the Z car drum ebrake over...need the whole rear spindle assembly basically...and e-brake cables.

Dennis

not8player
07-13-2001, 09:48 AM
I am interested in knowing how did you solve the 300ZX rear drum e-brake cable pre-tensioning problem?

The problem I ran into when I did the conversion is that the e-brake cables from the 300ZX needs to be mounted father back than the stock 240SX ones for the e-brake lever to apply enough tension/force on the drums.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by projectsilvia:
if your interested in ebrake lines, look for more information in the upcoming article at projectsilvia.com with the installation of rear z brakes and useful ebrake =)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>