PDA

View Full Version : Anyone replace a fan clutch before?

**DONOTDELETE**
07-12-2001, 05:02 PM
I've decided that the fan clutch is the most probable cause for my annoying wooshing noise. Just wondering if anyone else has replaced this part before, any pointers for me? Do you have to use the oem part or are there aftermarket ones?

StealthmodeS14
07-12-2001, 05:44 PM
Aaahhh...Now I understand what you mean by a wooshing sound. I had my fan clutch go on my car when I first bought it and yeah the damn thing sounded like a helicopter. I went to a junk yard to get mine...no way I'm paying what Nissan wanted for such a little part.

Anyway on the install....some may say to remove your plastic fan shroud, but luckily with nimble hands I squeezed in there and tok each bolt of slowly....might want to get a friend cause you'll need to very quickly turn the ignition to reach the other bolts on the under side of the clutch...it's pretty simple of a job.

Ant240
07-12-2001, 05:56 PM
not really, it was easy to take off the bolts, and I just slipped the fan between the shroud and the engine, but I took off the shroud after that anyway to take a look. I also had to take my intake off.

I almost forgot to rebolt the pulley, whoo, would that have been a drag.

now can someone pleasse answer my post "got my fan out.."? I don't know where to mount my electric fan.