PDA

View Full Version : Radio wiring?

spbuster77
06-07-2003, 03:57 PM
I had my cd player stolen yesterday. The person who stole it wripped out the harness as well, or the plug where the wires are coming from.

My question is does anybody know how I can hardwire the deck using the wires before the plug? Any wiring diagrams or anything like this available?

kevinwarren240
06-07-2003, 04:21 PM
it shouldnt be that hard that is what i had to do to my car, i am sure that power is red(or yellow) and the gound is black, then the speakers wires should be in a group i think that they are like green and grey, or pink and green something like that it is really simple those are all that you need just to run the speakers and the cd player

spbuster77
06-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Is there any way to know which ones are right though. I have two 12" subs, the speakers are all JBL's and so forth. My fear is doing something wrong and blowing something up. The guys at the audio shop want $180 to install it, no way is that happening.

Thx247
06-07-2003, 10:18 PM
hm, this shouldnt really be hard. Your going to have a few power lines, a ground line, and then the radio antenna, speaker wires. You should be able to trace ALL of them wires.

If you run into trouble just find a friendly stereo shop, we have a nice shop down the street which has helped me out every now and then when I really get stuck. Never asked for anything, I've never bought anything from them either.

RDM_II
06-08-2003, 01:49 AM
I had my cd player stolen yesterday. The person who stole it wripped out the harness as well, or the plug where the wires are coming from.

My question is does anybody know how I can hardwire the deck using the wires before the plug? Any wiring diagrams or anything like this available?

F S M. Does wonders. Or, do it the old fashoined way, use a voltmeter and battery.

As for the red and black wire comment, the OE wires do NOT match to anything aftermarket.

Big_Bronze_Rim
06-08-2003, 03:44 AM
Definitely use the FSM. It makes it soo much easier.

spbuster77
06-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Anybody know where I can download the FSM in pdf format for this?

mattmartindrift
06-08-2003, 01:48 PM
ahh I had it b4 i formated but you have to bypass the factory amps...not hard, but... can be a pain. Well @ least in the SE you did

Garage Battle
06-08-2003, 06:16 PM

May i offer this as a suggestion.

goto an autorecycler/cophers, etc and cut a harness out of a car. Beware that an SOHC harness is diff than dual cam (and i dont know if there is any diff with premium sound...doubt it).

Then it should be as simple as mating up the wires. Your other option would be to take it to a stereo shop and have them do it...but in all honesty having a factory harness is the best. Solder and tape your connections.