PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy over the Internet?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-20-2003, 07:38 PM
I'm starting to look into the new Maxima. Carsdirect.com has the configuration we want at ~$1400 over invoice (~4.5%). When I've spoken to dealers over the phone they all say "the internet sites will never get the car to you at that price". Two of my friends have used carsdirect recently (Murano, and Trailblazer) and had good experiences.

Has anyone bought an 04 Maxima over the Internet (carsdirect, Autobytel, etc...)? Is the dealer feeding me a line of bull**it? Or are Maximas really selling for 4-5% over invoice???

Am I mistaken thinking that: A)I could get the car I want from an internet site B) A dealer wouldn't beat the price

Confused new car buyer in the Los Angeles area

**DONOTDELETE**
06-20-2003, 10:03 PM
http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif I bought from a dealer, but after reading your post, I went to Carsdirect.com to check their price on mine (SE, DP package (incl. Sensory pkg. and Premium Audio pkg.), mats, sunroof, splashguards. List was $32,200, Cardirect $32,042. No savings there. How did you find $1,400? Just curious.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Cardirect for SE, Journey, Sunroof, VDC
= 34840 MSRP
= 31556 Invoice
=32981 Carsdirect

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Just bought my Max yesterday. Did everything over the net. I didn't meet with the dealer until saturday. Just haggle with dealers back and forth through email somebody will get to where you want. I got $1500 off without a problem! And that was after going to the dealer and having them tell me there is no way they are taking anything off!