PDA

View Full Version : S13 Starter Issues Please HELP!!!

Fast240Sx
07-28-2001, 10:56 PM
Ok ive had my 240 for about a year now and ive put 4 starters in it....They keep dying..turn the key it goes click, click, click, click,...i have to push start it to get it to start...but when i ido this if i hold the key on the start possiton thats all the way forward while im push starting it the starter enguages and tryes to start the car wich is how in return i get my car back and forth to work..IM sick of buying starters whats wrong with my car?? Please HELP thanks
Fast240Sx

Fast240Sx
07-28-2001, 10:58 PM
Also...If the starter needs to be replaced for the 5th time i wanted to know if someone would like to trade a good 1990 S13 240Sx starter new or used that WORKS.....for stock SE springs please let me know thanks Fast240Sx

**DONOTDELETE**
07-28-2001, 11:16 PM
if mechanical problem, your ring gear on the flywheel is probably jacked, not allowing the pinion gear on the starter to pop out and engage and spin it
if electrical problem, your starter relay is not doing its job sending signal to the starter solenoid. check the little single-wire spade plug that goes to the solenoid first.

Demon

Fast240Sx
07-29-2001, 12:09 AM
Everytime i buy a new starter NAPA brand... Raylock starer....It works for a few weeks sometimes months then it just dies all of a sudden what does this mean?
Thanks
Fast240Sx

redlyne
07-29-2001, 01:05 AM
Bite the bullet, goto nissan and get a starter. Barring that, get your cash back, and at least try a different brand. I would have gotten my money back the second time...

Sean

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fast240Sx:
Everytime i buy a new starter NAPA brand... Raylock starer....It works for a few weeks sometimes months then it just dies all of a sudden what does this mean?
Thanks
Fast240Sx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
07-29-2001, 12:56 PM
New gp... take this existing starter out and test it on a battery. How you do dat you ask? Get some electical wire..wrap around starter terminal and signal switch terminal. Place the starter on the neg post of battery on the ground (put a foot on it so that it doesn't move), then contact the other end of the wire to the positive side of the batt. see if the pinion gear pops out and starts spinning.. then enjoy the amount of heat that builds up in the wire..

Demon

**DONOTDELETE**
07-29-2001, 03:09 PM
Or you could just take it to pep boys or napa. They usually have the ability to test it.

Pep boys starters have a lifetime warranty. If one goes out, pull it out and bring it back to pep boys. Nissan starters are much better quality.

Dennis