PDA

View Full Version : 180sx Type-X and suspension

Super13
07-30-2001, 06:21 AM
hey anyone know what kind of brakes were on the type-x, did it use the 4-piston type? same as the 300z. are TEIN type HR style shocks and struts good ,better than the apex-i ones? has anyone installed tein shocks, and know their quality?

Mav1178
07-30-2001, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Super13:
hey anyone know what kind of brakes were on the type-x, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same as the previous 180SX's.

An interesting sidenote is that the S13's offered in Japan had the same brake setup as the USDM S13's. The top-of-the-line SR20DET-equiped cars had the same brakes as the S13 ABS cars (largest brake size), while the SR20DE and CA cars had smaller brakes than the US S13.

In other words, be happy that our S13's had bigger OEM brakes vs. the Japanese S13's!

-alex

Super13
07-30-2001, 09:46 AM
are brembo brakes made for specific vehicals or are parts made to fit the brakes up to the rotors of different vehicals?

ohh yeah just got an email, HRs are 1895$ which rings up pretty close to the N1 type Rs does anyone have an opinion on which one to go with. hypothetically ofcoarse, it will be a year or so before i have to commit on suspension. anyone have experience with either of these two damper systems?

[This message has been edited by Super13 (edited 07-30-2001).]

07-30-2001, 01:51 PM
Brembo brake calipers are pretty much universal, they use different mounting brackets for different applications. Brembo brake kits usually have the calipers and larger-than-stock rotors.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Super13:
are brembo brakes made for specific vehicals or are parts made to fit the brakes up to the rotors of different vehicals?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Super13
07-30-2001, 07:28 PM
so switching them to another car is a piece of cake assuming you can get the mounting parts, brake lines, master cylinder, and rotors. has anyone put these on a 240?

07-30-2001, 07:41 PM
Yup, should be. Of course, Brembo does make different calipers, and they're not all interchangeable. BTW, the kits don't come with a new master cylinder, and I think much like the 300ZX brake upgrade, you don't really need one.

Asad

so switching them to another car is a piece of cake assuming you can get the mounting parts, brake lines, master cylinder, and rotors. has anyone put these on a 240?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Super13
08-02-2001, 02:23 AM
tein or apexi, what do u guys think which is better for street and rally roadn? do brake controllers cost alot, do u have to get a new master cylinder if one is purchased?

Super13
08-02-2001, 01:21 PM
dunno, maybe i have been playin to much GT3 but cant you buy a device that controlls the pressure going to each line, influencing the braking ability on each caliper, rear, front left, front right?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-02-2001, 01:58 PM
You are thinking about brake Bias controllers, I seriously doubt you will even find the need for one unless you do serious track racing. If you get a lot of under steer when braking, just upgrade your rear brakes. I think Porsches are equipped with Bias controllers but i think it is just some adjustments on the cylinder.

dunno, maybe i have been playin to much GT3 but cant you buy a device that controlls the pressure going to each line, influencing the braking ability on each caliper, rear, front left, front right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

08-02-2001, 11:02 PM
What's a brake controller? You mean like your right foot?

Asad

do brake controllers cost alot, do u have to get a new master cylinder if one is purchased?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>