PDA

View Full Version : how the heck do i take my fuel injectors out?

Orange_Meatloaf
08-15-2001, 08:29 PM
whats the removal steps to yank out fuel injectors out of a 95 240 they're knockin and i want to clean them also isn't there a seal i should replace when i do that ?

thx
guys

08-16-2001, 02:59 PM
There are 3 bolts (I think) holding the fuel rail to the intake manifold. 2 that are easy to see and one that's buried behind the fuel pressure regulator at the rear end of the fuel rail. remove all 3 and the fuel rail will come out. I'm not really sure how to get the injectors out of the rail though.

You may want to replace the sealing o-rings on the injectors if you remove them.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by orlando240:
whats the removal steps to yank out fuel injectors out of a 95 240 they're knockin and i want to clean them also isn't there a seal i should replace when i do that ?

thx
guys<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
08-16-2001, 10:32 PM
to get the injectors out of the rail, you simply pull with a gentle rocking motion.

replace o-rings if they are damaged or especially brittle (not likely).

Have you tried other simpler fixes for your pinging problem? Maybe a fuel injector cleaner additive, check plugs, wires, etc?

Mav1178
08-17-2001, 12:03 AM
And before you pull the rail, release the fuel pressure!

Pull the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box by the battery. Then crank/start engine until engine stalls and won't ignite.

-alex