PDA

View Full Version : 95 With S14 SR....Coolant Leak Help/Suggestions

hssaini
08-20-2003, 04:49 AM
I finally figured out the leak. It is coming from the return line bolt from the turbo itself. (T-28 Stock).

We took out the line, banjo and the washer. Replaced it with a different banjo and washer and cleaned out the line as it seemed ok. Put it all back in. Used a little grey RTV. Finally, when we were filing the radiator, i am leaking again (its like turning a faucet, that bad) Same line and same bolt.

Now i am in the process of getting a line fabbed up. Thanks to Estevan and Scott.

If for some reason this doesn't work. Can i plug the holes for the return and inlet water lines for the turbo at the block and drive the car back home. (Melbourne to Tampa, ~120+ miles)

Obviously i will not boost while coming and prolly go to stock boost setting on avcr just to be safe.

What you guys think?
Is this doable without any ill effects on the motor?

RINKU

SilverArrow27
08-20-2003, 11:43 AM
You'll be fine without the coolant lines. I drove my car without the coolant lines hooked up to my t25 on my sr for about two years b4 I had it hooked up and my turbo is still running great. Just remember to always let the car idle though after driving it with boost or not.