PDA

View Full Version : New Project Vehicle

S13Sean
09-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Well I relocated from Ontario to British Columbia with all my belongings and of course my 1992 240SX. I happened to be cruising the area looking for a project car for my girlfriends son when I came across this 1981 280ZX non-turbo. I was curious and asked if it was for sale and it was so I dropped $500 down and the rest is history.

The body looks to be in decent shape with some surface rust and the frame rails look decent as well with the exception of the passenger side that needs some repair. The engine runs and needs a MAF. I am going to get the engine running properly and then tear the car down over the winter and overhaul the engine (headwork, cam, ignition, direct-port nitrous, and forged pistons.)

What should I look for? I know the car is over 20 years old so somethings will need replacing.

rfneimad
09-06-2003, 01:07 PM
zcarparts.com

I had alot of rust underneath the carpeting and trim, the worst was under the sound-deadening crap. Easy enough to clean up if you catch it in time.

ZcarFanatic
09-11-2003, 07:58 PM
www.zcar.com (http://www.zcar.com), that is you new home. welcome to the wonderful owrld of the nissan straight 6. its a beast.

McAdam