PDA

View Full Version : HKS dual port actuator

nissan_s14
10-23-2003, 12:27 AM
I currently have the dual port HKS actuator for my GT2540R. I need to fab my own bracket...does it matter that the actuator arm is coming out at an angle towards the wastegate flap? Also, what exactly is the purpose of the dual port? I bought the actuator based on its increase spring rate than the normal HKS actuator. The instructions on my bc(profec B spec II) says to cap the on of the ends on the actuator...which one?

TIA

hayai_saru
10-23-2003, 11:51 AM
You need to get the S14 or S13 HKS actuator(depending on which model your turbo is for), it bolts right up. Dual port is for twin turbo cars, but you can use it by capping off either one.

asad
10-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Dual port is for twin turbo cars, but you can use it by capping off either one.

HAHAHAHA...no. Dual-port actuators are for use with certain types of electronic boost controllers. If you don't have one, you hook up the pressure source (typically the turbo compressor outlet) to the bottom port.

Asad

nissan_s14
10-23-2003, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the responses...however, does anyone know about the angle of the arm...ie does it have to be coming straight out of the actuator, or can it be at an angle?

Also, what is the purpose of the dual port...better boost controller management?

asad
10-23-2003, 09:06 PM
A slight angle should be OK, as long as it doesn't bind and you get the full travel of the wastegate flapper swing arm.

The dual port actuator allows a boost controller to apply boost pressure to the top of the wastegate diaphragm to hold it closed until the desired boost pressure is reached. At that point, the boost controller allows boost to reach the bottom and allows the top to see ambient, and the wastegate opens.

Asad