PDA

View Full Version : SR stalling under boost

DeatschWerks_Dave
10-23-2003, 08:20 AM
I installed a TurboXS manual boost controller this AM. The instructions said to turn it 2x CCW for your stock setting. I did this and it increased my boost from .6bar to almost 1 bar! oops! It ran fine but stalled under heavy boost. I turned it down 1 turn to about .7 bar and it still ran/sounded great but still stalled under full boost.

Any insight? I am thinking the boost is blowing my plugs out. NGK BKR6e and gapped at .035. Should I get colder plugs and gap them down to .030??

BTW - my (installed but yet to be tuned) safc registered 4 as the highest knock signal. It had never registered anything before today. I am not sure of what the scale is cause the stoopid manual doesn't tell you but I know it goes up to at least 25 cause that is an example in the manual.

DeatschWerks_Dave
10-23-2003, 08:52 AM
BTW - forgot to mention some of my mods which may be important...
Walbro 255
300zx fuel filter
z32 mafs
safc-II (untuned thus far)
Blitz fmic
3" turbo back (silencer was installed when this happened btw)

Oh, and yeah I searched

thanks

NIS240SHU
10-23-2003, 09:11 AM
BKR6E should work fine for your application. That's what I run and I've never had a problem. I think your problem may be the gap. Bring the gap down to .028 and try it again. Let us know what happens.

DeatschWerks_Dave
10-23-2003, 09:24 AM
I'll try that. Thanks! It scared the hell out of me tho. The first think I noticed was my oil light!

Any more ideas? I am going to the track tonite and want to be able to drive my car back home - not pull it back on a trailer.

NIS240SHU
10-23-2003, 09:32 AM
Why did you see an oil light? That's not a good sign. Make absolutely sure you check your oil level and make sure you have the right oil filter and it's installed properly.

SRFiveTen
10-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh, and yeah I searched

have you searched the troubleshooting section in oz s14 fsm?
i doubt it.

DeatschWerks_Dave
10-23-2003, 09:57 AM
The oil light just came on b/c the car died - ya know how all the lights come on to check themselves. I just noticed the light before realizing my car had died.

I haven't goten a chance to check the FSM yet. This happened on the way to work this AM and I don't carry the FSM around with me. I would normally wait until tonight and try to figure it out myself first but I am going to the track straight from work and want to fix it asap.

thanks

DeatschWerks_Dave
10-23-2003, 02:30 PM
I heard from some other FD turbo gurus that it was probably turned off by my ECU to save my engine (leaned out or something). Does anybody know if our ecu's do this?