PDA

View Full Version : hks f-con v, vpc, and nismo 550 injectors

thatsmekid
10-23-2003, 12:08 PM
ok, here's the story lastnite, i installed a used f-con v, vpc, and injectors that i got off of ebay, that was "tuned" for the redtop sr20... car starts up fine but idles like poo..very rough, and alot of fuel that isnt burning...i'm figuring the map on the f-con maybe a bit agrassive for my mods... unplugged the f-con and put the s-afc make in to see if i could lower the fuel from that...no luck, bought down everything to -32% across still rough and alot of fuel, bought it lower the car had a hard time staying on...had so much fuel that the exhaust manifold was still cool enough to touch...any idea how to get this car to run decent enough to get to the dyno...i have a buddy that has a tuning shop and knows the f-con system, but never worked on one for the sr, but tons of supra, so i just need the car to run to get to them first...oh yeah, has anyone dealt with HKS's tech support?...they are horrible, i told them about the f-con v i have and the actually laugh at me. in no way they can help or wont help, i dont know, dude was a str8 ass to me, no kind of curtorsy.
oh mods on the car
255 fp
ss manifold
hks gt2530 turbo
fmic
3in dp & exhaust
metal headgasket

thanks to any help i can get

sprintr6
10-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Hmmm... That sucks man, sorry to hear about your problems. I've had nothing but great responses from the knowledgable techs at HKS. I'm sure it would be very hard for HKS USA to diagnose and give info on parts that were never available here in the US. Maybe you can speak to the previous owner of your set up to see if he can shed anymore insight on this matter. If you have an FCON V, I don't think you can actually access the unit nor tune it without the proper software. From what I hear, only HKS Pro Dealers have access to this software but HKS USA never really released the FCON V (or VPC for the SR20DET) here in the states so it's highly doubtful that you will be able to find any tuners that can fine tune this ECU/set up.

Good luck to you man, but next time you might want to do some research on the parts you order before purchasing them. That's just my 2 cents.

-B
www.jdmtoys.com (http://www.jdmtoys.com)
"home of the world's smallest R/C cars"

Nikeboy355
10-23-2003, 04:22 PM
I am actually about to purchase a F-con and I saw that one on ebay so I gave HKS a call and they told me that the F-con V was never introduced in the US and neither was the software so there is not a single tuner in the US that can retune that unit... SP engineering confirmed what HKS said... The F-con V Pro is a different story but the software is not the same for the V unit... I would connect the stock ecu to get your car running because I am pretty sure that the F-con V is untouchable... sorry and good luck!

Brad
10-23-2003, 05:17 PM
i have an fcon and it kicks ass, i got it on the highest fuel map so its a little nasty at idle but its more of a nuisance than anything, as soon as i get out of the idling rpm range its beautiful. you said you still had idle issues when you took the fcon off?

i dont think its a problem with the fcon then, maybe fpr is letting too much fuel in

oh yeah the HKS tech guy i talked to was ok, seemed knowledgeable (it was about the EVC V), but he used the "you need to talk to a licensed HKS dealer" excuse as a scapegoat

thatsmekid
10-23-2003, 08:17 PM
yeah i know should have done more research, but when the deal was for injectors,f-con, and vpc for under 500 you cant pass on it, but i discussed it with a buddy that tunes f-con for supras, and he said the software shouldnt be no different, cuz he also does the power FC and one program is use to tune all units, but we'll see when i get a chance to see him...i have the VPC hooked up and running great, have alot better response at low end...hope i can get this f-con working, it would be sweet...

sillbeer
10-23-2003, 11:16 PM
I know you can get your f-con upgraded. I have an f-con silver in my car and had it upgraded to f-con silver pro.

-Destin

thatsmekid
10-24-2003, 06:24 PM
how do i get it upgraded, through HKS USA? oh had the car dynoed today, just s-afc and vpc, got the fuel ratio to about 12 all across with is pretty good, got 205whp, and 200 torque at .6 bar, (correct me if wrong) 8 psi...hopefully well get the injectors in and get the damn f-caon tuned and see higher boost and power...

sprintr6
10-27-2003, 12:50 PM
how do i get it upgraded, through HKS USA? oh had the car dynoed today, just s-afc and vpc, got the fuel ratio to about 12 all across with is pretty good, got 205whp, and 200 torque at .6 bar, (correct me if wrong) 8 psi...hopefully well get the injectors in and get the damn f-caon tuned and see higher boost and power...

I don't think you can man. The parts you have are HKS Japan specific. If you notice, Sillbeer is in Japan and has access to all the cool goodies. Unfortunately, HKS USA can't tech or service parts they don't sell. I would assume that it's almost as bad as calling up HKS USA and asking them for information on a Greddy product. Well not that bad, but you get the drift.

-B

thatsmekid
10-27-2003, 02:44 PM
oops, sorry about that, didnt pay attention to where he was from...