PDA

View Full Version : DET flywheel bolts - where to find replacement?

hakeem
11-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Hi guys,

My flywheel bolts were fairly rusted on my S13 SR20DET - I usually like to replace these anyway when doing a clutch job but especially now so given the rust. I recently recieved some SR20DE 5spd flywheel bolts but these are too short.

Does anyone have a part # or know of a source for SR20DET (RWD) flywheel bolts? Also any source for clutch cover bolts also?

Thanks in advance...

TeeJay
11-01-2003, 08:39 PM
I have had quite an experience with these bolts as well.. sheared the head of one right off when I was torquing the bugger down.

Replacing them is deffinately a good idea. To replace them, just get ones from a FWD SR20DE like you did.. not sure why the ones you got are too small though. To be more exact, I just got flywheel bolts for a 1993 Sentra SE-R.

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~morgatra/flybolt2.jpg

the one on the left is the one from the SE-R, right is the SR20DET stock bolt. The only different is the bigger (longer I guess) bolt head, which makes it much nicer when your torquing the thing down. I'd get you that part number, but unfortunately it's at home, and I'm at school.

hakeem
11-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the response...totally bizarre, the ones I got from the SR20DE are the same head size and thread pitch but about 1/2" shorter in length. Are those from a auto or manual car?

Thanks

NekoPunch
11-02-2003, 02:09 PM
1989 Maxima (M/T)

hakeem
11-02-2003, 02:16 PM
1989 Maxima (M/T)

Do the clutch cover (pressure plate) bolts work form the Maxima too?

Thanks