PDA

View Full Version : Odds N Ends

FXLENT
11-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Just some general comments and experiences about my FX.

Heated Seats-there were a lot of posts in regards to the seats not heating properly. I had them on tonight here in Dallas (temp around 40 degrees). For 15 minutes I had them on low setting and my buns were very toasting (almost to the point of sweating in my jeans). On high setting, they heat up faster and hotter, but low setting was enough for me tonight.

Still love to drive this car. Very responsive, plenty of getup, and a http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif on my face the whole time.

I have posted previously about vibration/shimmy at higher speeds on my Bridgestone Potenza tires. I was on a newly built toll road this evening and didn't have the vibration on this stretch. I am wondering if this vibration/shimmy is just a function of the road service and not an actual problem with tires/wheels. Other stretches seem to give me this vibration and I am them convinced something is not right with the tires/wheels. I am still confused here.

The Bose system is just great for me. No problems here.

Haven't gotten the clear bra yet but have talked about it much. I would probably get it if a place in Dallas / Plano was highly recommended. But no recommendations have come my way so far. I have a couple small chips in front bumper and Grubbs still has no touch up paint for QX1 color http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

My willow leather seats have seemed to settle in nicely with no longer "puff" pockets in it. I think it puffs up after becoming a little damp after Gym workouts. So I'm careful now not to get them damp. Overall leather still looks good after 3K miles.

One small buzzing rattle in the seatbelt area of Driver's side Pillar B. A couple other small rattles that seem to come and go but nothing I can pinpiont as yet.

I have found that when I want to haul irregular items that lowering the rear seats gives me as much room as I need for most anything. Storage in this SUV is most adequate for 95% of household applications.

Curious as to how you all clean the LCD center consol screen. What are you thoughts here?

Everything else is good to go. Love this car!

kenny_crudup
11-28-2003, 10:53 PM
My willow leather seats have seemed to settle in nicely with no longer "puff" pockets in it. I think it puffs up after becoming a little damp after Gym workouts. So I'm careful now not to get them damp.

You don't shower at the gym? By the time my workouts are done, I'm sweatin' like a hooker in church- I'd stink up my car in short order, otherwise!

Curious as to how you all clean the LCD center consol screen. What are you thoughts here?

I just use a lint-free cloth I wrap my sunglasses in up in while they're in the storage area.

FXLENT
11-29-2003, 11:44 AM
I left out something:

Where are our Fresh Alloy decals?

CL2FX
11-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Just some general comments and experiences about my FX.

Heated Seats-there were a lot of posts in regards to the seats not heating properly. I had them on tonight here in Dallas (temp around 40 degrees). For 15 minutes I had them on low setting and my buns were very toasting (almost to the point of sweating in my jeans). On high setting, they heat up faster and hotter, but low setting was enough for me tonight

Man, I wish I could say the same thing http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif