PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player plays VCDs

infinii
12-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Someone else already confirmed that our DVD players play SVCDs. I tried a regular VCD (Video Compact Disc) last night and it worked flawlessly.

Plain ole 700MB cd-r's burned with an old 8x burner.

MustGoFastR
12-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Yup, it's in the owner's manual.

esemes
12-03-2003, 09:42 AM
can someone enlighten me as to the advantage of this?? (not up to speed on this subject whatsoever)

thnx

S

infinii
12-03-2003, 10:06 AM
VCD is just another format of video+sound. I think it was popularized in Asia.

The advantage is that you have the option of playing another type of media other than DVD. The quality isn't near what you get with DVD but I guess it's the same reason why we have a casette player in our car still.

For more info on these formats check out DVDRHELP.COM (http://www.dvdrhelp.com)

Glicious
12-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Does this mean the G35C's Nav system could also play these?

gtxjoe
12-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Does this mean the G35C's Nav system could also play these?

No... They are talking about the DVD entertainment center in the back of the FX

definitivecars
01-28-2004, 11:20 PM
ok, so i have a mac and a pc, what is the best vay to burn a mov. as vcd??? i tried toast but it didnt work , when i put it in the player it had an icon for my vcd the time and size but when i played it i got a blank screen?????? can anyone help????

FromHereToInfiniti
01-29-2004, 04:38 AM
ok, so i have a mac and a pc, what is the best vay to burn a mov. as vcd??? i tried toast but it didnt work , when i put it in the player it had an icon for my vcd the time and size but when i played it i got a blank screen?????? can anyone help????

Having just got my DVD burner, I haven't tried it yet. But you might want to search this site (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/)...looks like they're purpose is exactly what you're lookin' for.

definitivecars
01-29-2004, 09:28 PM
man that site is a mess!!!! good info but confusing???

shouldent it be really easy????

SPiN_FX35Tech
01-29-2004, 11:29 PM
You can burn vcd's on to normal cds, you dont even need a dvdr.

Just use a program such as nero, simple burn, etc. I prefer nero.

definitivecars
01-30-2004, 12:24 AM
i tried it with my mac, i used toast 6, but it didnt work, i got choppy video no sound?!?!?

FromHereToInfiniti
01-30-2004, 01:50 PM
You can burn vcd's on to normal cds, you dont even need a dvdr.

Just use a program such as nero, simple burn, etc. I prefer nero.

I can recommend Nero also, though I haven't tried it for DVDs yet, I have burned and backed-up all kinds of CDs with it. Don't know if it's available for the Mac or not.