PDA

View Full Version : leaky problems. help please!

insurgent
12-07-2003, 05:23 PM
i got up this morning and noticed my car was leaking some fluid. not alot. just slowly dripping. i jacked the car up and got under to look. the fluid is mainly dripping from the engine crossmember and it looks like oil. i checked around but couldnt determine the source. what do you guys think?

number two i think is a vacuum leak or something. it is a sound i hear while accelerating that sounds like pressurized air or something. almost like i have a turbo. i can only hear it when i give it a bit of gas but not while cruising. what could it be?

Jonny_290
12-07-2003, 05:28 PM
somebody popped the hood and installed a t3 for you?

and maybe forgot to plumb the oil drain line? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

seriously, there are six possible fluids: oil, gas, water, brake fluid, p.s. fluid, clutch fluid. from your location, we can rule out brake and clutch fluid. if it were gas, i bet you could notice, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and rule that out. that leaves water, p.s. fluid, or oil.

really, get a mechanic or friend to look at it if you're not sure.

Mulletdrift2themax
12-07-2003, 05:35 PM
Sounds like PS fluid check all around the pump.
Keep an eye on both levels see if either seems low.

insurgent
12-07-2003, 06:05 PM
its either ps fluid or engine oil. couldnt tell what color is was though. it smelled alot like gear oil.

lol T3 eh. i wish. maybe santa visited early...

dfw_alan
12-07-2003, 08:43 PM
If its smells like gear oil than that sounds like the PS. PS Fluid is automatic tranny fluid. Its not uncommon for PS lines to harden up and start leaking, especially at the connection ends. I had this same problem and replaced my PS reservoir lines.