PDA

View Full Version : wiring gauges need help???

**DONOTDELETE**
10-05-2001, 04:00 PM
i need help finding a 12v & a ground wire for my gauges perfer to install under the steering wheel or in that genral area ? please list wire color like:black\white stripe etc..
i found some wires but the gauges turn off when i turn on the lights..
thanks
jeremy

BioSehnsucht
10-05-2001, 06:39 PM
what year model?

Also, if hte gauges are dying its possible you're pulling too much power ? Try running power from another 12V power source and ground.. like the accessory power.

[This message has been edited by BioSehnsucht (edited 10-05-2001).]

**DONOTDELETE**
10-05-2001, 07:17 PM
it a 92'fastback
i don't think it's a power issue because when i flash my highbeams whith out turning on the lights the gauges stay on ?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-06-2001, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AUSTIN240SX:
it a 92'fastback
i don't think it's a power issue because when i flash my highbeams whith out turning on the lights the gauges stay on ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then, that means you have tapped into a IF/AND circuit.
As suggested, try another source.
Do you have a radio? Use the Hot for it and just Chasis ground the gauges.
The Radio Hot can Handle more usage and by grounding to the chasis, the circuit is true and clean in it's loop.
http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
10-06-2001, 06:29 AM
It should be pretty simple to find one for the guage cluster. In the kick panel is your fuse box! Drop a wire down there for a Positive wire and then pick one. If you want one that is on only when ignition is on, then try the power windows or something like that. If you want a constant 12V source, find one there.

For the ground...just ground it to the chassis somewhere.

Dennis